I'll be ordering this for sure in 2012

python.png
 


There no better learning that putting things into action!
If you dedicate yourself to "learning" other peoples strategies you are destined to FAIL!
The way to success id by creating your OWN strategy, not just reading about something that thousands of other know!
 
The one with the squirrels is pretty good. But those are really more for reference; should be going to them after you get some code written if you want to retain what's in them
 
Python... Are there any major advantages over Perl?
Python has many many advantages over Perl, a key one being very clear and simple syntax, another is the huge standard library. Google will help you find more but at the end of the day it's a case of whatever floats your boat.
 
All this time I have read these books gained the knowledge and have failed to put this into action. I need to start using it before it rots away. I mean you should never stop learning but it's time to put this shit to action as you can see I've read a few books on these subjects.
View attachment 2964

View attachment 2965

View attachment 2966

That's funny, it looks almost EXACTLY like my tech book collection. :1orglaugh:
 
python was the language I got working first/easiest, and it took me a little while still... honestly python is easy to use, and easy to understand.. I think its one of the best choices for a first programming language to learn. After python php/ruby/javascript are all easy to pick up as well. They might have slightly different features but nothing will be too far outside of the box for you.