I'm now a father.



One of my few regrets in life is waiting so long to have kids. We have 3. They're huge huge fun. Congratulations. Be fruitful and multiply, dude!
 
Thanks.. I'm just starting to get used to the waking up every 2 hours routine.. a few days ago within literally 5 hours, my wife's breasts shot up 2 cup sizes being engorged with milk. Last night was a real pain in the ass - went to sleep at 2am, woke up 1 hour later cause the baby wanted to feed (she's in the room with us so I automatically get woken up), and we didn't get back to sleep till 6:45 AM cause she couldn't latch onto the nipple right.. after some breast pumping we got the hang of it.

It's a learning process.
 
Thanks.. I'm just starting to get used to the waking up every 2 hours routine.. a few days ago within literally 5 hours, my wife's breasts shot up 2 cup sizes being engorged with milk. Last night was a real pain in the ass - went to sleep at 2am, woke up 1 hour later cause the baby wanted to feed (she's in the room with us so I automatically get woken up), and we didn't get back to sleep till 6:45 AM cause she couldn't latch onto the nipple right.. after some breast pumping we got the hang of it.

It's a learning process.

Haha welcome to your life for the next 20 years or so.
 
Awesome - well done!

BF is really tough for the woman to start with, but it does get easier. Someone recommended getting a cabbage, keeping it in the fridge, then putting the leaves on her breasts after each feed to help with soreness. Sounds weird, but has really helped my wife. I think its just cos they are cool.

Ours is 3 weeks old now, and the sleeping bit isn't too bad. I don't have teh boobies, so I can sleep downstairs for a night when I need to get some proper rest. We'll swap once she's expressing.

Don't feel guilty about one of you getting sleep whilst the other does the night watch. It's LOT easier if at least one of you is sane.
 
congrats! And tell her to do the meds next time. Why women choose to do that is mind boggling. It's like choosing to have a limb removed with out anesthetic ...yeah it would be the "natural" way, I guess, but still insane. On my second one I had the epidural before I even had a contraction and the whole thing was like a day at the spa in comparison. And then poof I got a beautiful baby out of it! Anyways, enjoy this time, it's the best!
 
congrats! And tell her to do the meds next time. Why women choose to do that is mind boggling. It's like choosing to have a limb removed with out anesthetic ...yeah it would be the "natural" way, I guess, but still insane. On my second one I had the epidural before I even had a contraction and the whole thing was like a day at the spa in comparison. And then poof I got a beautiful baby out of it! Anyways, enjoy this time, it's the best!

She's a nurse in a NICU and is very OCD about the potential complications that can arise from medications. She also wanted to nurse right away, and epi's make it very difficult to do that, as they effect the baby.
 
Thanks.. I'm just starting to get used to the waking up every 2 hours routine.. a few days ago within literally 5 hours, my wife's breasts shot up 2 cup sizes being engorged with milk. Last night was a real pain in the ass - went to sleep at 2am, woke up 1 hour later cause the baby wanted to feed (she's in the room with us so I automatically get woken up), and we didn't get back to sleep till 6:45 AM cause she couldn't latch onto the nipple right.. after some breast pumping we got the hang of it.

It's a learning process.


Every time I read something like this I add another year to my "I want kids at 36", lol. I'm sure this is what you wanted though, so congratulations man!