India must not teach history very well

Rage9

Banned
Jan 7, 2008
6,061
101
0
The owner of an Indian clothing store said Wednesday that he would only change its name from "Hitler" if he was compensated for re-branding costs, amid a growing row over the new shop.

The outlet, which sells Western men's wear, opened 10 days ago in Ahmedabad city in the western state of Gujarat with "Hitler" written in big letters over the front and with a Nazi swastika as the dot on the "i"...

...Shah insisted that until the store opened he did not know who Adolf Hitler was and that Hitler was a nickname given to the grandfather of his store partner because "he was very strict".

'Hitler' clothing store stirs anger in India - Yahoo! News

Lulz.
 


Shah insisted that until the store opened he did not know who Adolf Hitler was and that Hitler was a nickname given to the grandfather of his store partner because "he was very strict".

Bwahaha.
 
Isn't it because Germany freed them from being a British colony?

Japan was a Germany ally in WWII. I'm not really sure why India would be pro-Hitler though. That is kind of odd. He didn't free them from the British and He actually admired the how the British ruled them. He looked to that as an example of how he should rule eastern europe.
 
he may not have known...my buddy lives in the phillipines...his wife is jewish.

They encountered a bar on opening night that was all nazi everything...even the inside of the bar was made up to be like the chemical showers..ovens etc.
The guy paid someone to do his bar up..and had no idea about nazis.
He changed it quickly after.
 
Not everyone knows the history of Europe, people... Most likely, you don't know the names of people / leaders in Asia, South America, or Africa who committed crimes, atrocities - individuals who are still alive today, fuck look at the continent of Africa, and all the aid that is being sent, you people don't even know who's kill who, don't know their names, even though they have Facebook accounts.

Ask yourself, why would India be teaching western history in school? They wouldn't. They teach about their own history. You people remind me of people that visit country and wonder why everyone's not is speaking English...

Good luck bros.
 
Not everyone knows the history of Europe people... Most likely, you don't know the names of people / leaders in Asia, South America, or Africa who committed crimes, atrocities, and shit... are still alive today, fuck look at the continent of Africa, and all the aid that is being sent, you people don't even know who's kill who, don't know their names, even though they have Facebook account.

Ask yourself, why would India be teaching western history in school? They wouldn't. They teach about their own history. You people remind me of people that visit country and wonder why everyone's not is speaking English...

Good luck bros.


I agree with your point, but not on this particular case. Hitler sucked the entire planet in to a gigantic world war that wiped out almost 3% of the entire earths population.

Hitlers reach is a bit beyond history -he's part of pop culture. Like Micky Mouse, Michael Jackson or Osama Bin Laden. You don't need to know the details of his life to know that Hitler was a really bad guy.
 
Not everyone knows the history of Europe, people...

There's a reason it was called a "World War"

800px-WWII.png


India in World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India officially declared war on Nazi Germany in September 1939.

during World War II the Indian Army became the largest all-volunteer force in history, rising to over 2.5 million men in size.[11] These forces included tank, artillery and airborne forces. Indian soldiers earned 30 Victoria Crosses during the Second World War.


There were also Indians who were part of Germany's Free India Legion..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PABPv1FnHog]For Free India - The Free Indian Legion - YouTube[/ame]


netaji-subhash-chandra-bose-hitler-nazi-germany-free-india-legion-004.jpg


The Free India Legion - interesting adsense placement on this page :)
 
I agree with your point, but not on this particular case. Hitler sucked the entire planet in to a gigantic world war that wiped out almost 3% of the entire earths population.

Hitlers reach is a bit beyond history -he's part of pop culture. Like Micky Mouse, Michael Jackson or Osama Bin Laden. You don't need to know the details of his life to know that Hitler was a really bad guy.

You are overestimating what some people know. Consider that not everyone goes to school that is more of a luxury in some countries. When I was in Dubai I had a Paki cab driver. I asked him a few questions and one of them being if he knew Micky Mouse. He had no clue, then again there could have been a language barrier.
 
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VZKXJ_9Gw0]Curb Your Enthusiasm- Flamboyant kid makes swastika pillow sham for Susie - YouTube[/ame]
 
I agree with your point, but not on this particular case. Hitler sucked the entire planet in to a gigantic world war that wiped out almost 3% of the entire earths population.

Hitlers reach is a bit beyond history -he's part of pop culture. Like Micky Mouse, Michael Jackson or Osama Bin Laden. You don't need to know the details of his life to know that Hitler was a really bad guy.

Are you saying people in the middle of the Amazon jungle, or deep rain forest, or in remote areas of the world know about every pop culture icon? Are you really being serious about this? Do you know there are people in Asia that still live in caves? In the rain forests, in the jungles? Simply because you know pop references, doesn't mean everyone in the world will. Some people have never been on the internet, never heard of Google, wikipedia, don't own TV, or radio... DO you know that only 87% of households in America own TV? and even less have internet access... so if they can't get cultural references here, how the hell are they going to know what the hell is going on half way around the world.

Not everyone on the planet, knows Mickey Mouse, Michael Jackson, Osama Bin Laden, or Snooki.... These people are just attempting to survive and get by. Ask a starving child in Africa, or Asia who Mickey Mouse or Osama Bin Laden, do you think they will have taken the time to learn these 1st world problems, when they can't even find food? Visit a 3rd world country, I mean really visit, not go to the tourist section, and ask around, you'll be in for a culture shock on what pop references they actually know.

The fact, that we are able to have this conversations here is still an unknowable phenomenon to a vast majority of the world. Only 1 billion people are online, that means ~ 6 billion are not. That's a lot of people that don't have access to the information you and I take for granted.

Clearly from the story, the guy genuinely didn't know who Hitler was. The guy is try to feed his family, do you think anyone in an improvised country would attempt a hard troll like that? This story is a prime example of how information is not as readily available to ~6 billion people in the world, including people in the USA.

Good luck bros.
 
Are you saying people in the middle of the Amazon jungle, or deep rain forest, or in remote areas of the world know about every pop culture icon? Are you really being serious about this? Do you know there are people in Asia that still live in caves? In the rain forests, in the jungles? Simply because you know pop references, doesn't mean everyone in the world will. Some people have never been on the internet, never heard of Google, wikipedia, don't own TV, or radio... DO you know that only 87% of households in America own TV? and even less have internet access... so if they can't get cultural references here, how the hell are they going to know what the hell is going on half way around the world.

Not everyone on the planet, knows Mickey Mouse, Michael Jackson, Osama Bin Laden, or Snooki.... These people are just attempting to survive and get by. Ask a starving child in Africa, or Asia who Mickey Mouse or Osama Bin Laden, do you think they will have taken the time to learn these 1st world problems, when they can't even find food? Visit a 3rd world country, I mean really visit, not go to the tourist section, and ask around, you'll be in for a culture shock on what pop references they actually know.

The fact, that we are able to have this conversations here is still an unknowable phenomenon to a vast majority of the world. Only 1 billion people are online, that means ~ 6 billion are not. That's a lot of people that don't have access to the information you and I take for granted.

Clearly from the story, the guy genuinely didn't know who Hitler was. The guy is try to feed his family, do you think anyone in an improvised country would attempt a hard troll like that? This story is a prime example of how information is not as readily available to ~6 billion people in the world, including people in the USA.

Good luck bros.

Where are we talking about caves, amazon jungles or other cultural black holes in the universe?

This guy lives in a city of 5.5 million. Not only that, the city is the third fastest growing city on the planet. Quite a far cry from a cave or a tribal village in the middle of the amazon.

The city also happens to have been named as the best mega city to live in India due to its education and quality of life being higher by Indian standards (which I realize isn't much, but we are talking of an emergent economy here, not a black hole in the universe)

I don't buy a word this guy is selling. He opened a store called hitler with a Swatstika symbol topping the letter "i". And although the symbol has some relevance to Hindus not related to nazi's and is not unseen in India, in that context it sits on one of its flat edges forming a square. This guy happened to lift the name hitler and the nazi version of the swastika symbol and then pretends he had no clue when asked. Hitler? Maybe, but I doubt it considering the wild coincidental pairing of the swastika.

I've traveled to many third world countries. I'm not even an American and I find beauty in the simplicity and often times struggle yet joy of people in every culture. I'm not one of those guys who waves his flag everywhere I go and expect people to conform to me. I'm also not one of the people who pays for $300 a night, westernized suite completely removed from the culture it's in. I spend more time abroad then I do at "home". So your assumptions are wrong.

And I actually agree with your point -not everyone knows mickey mouse or Michael Jackson. But I have an issue with your unfair generalization about me though based on my opinions of this isolated case.

When someone tries to stand on a chair with 3 legs I call it for what I see it. Maybe this guy genuinely didn't know. But I'm skeptical. But the truth is I don't really even care. If someone wants to open a shop called Hitler and paint a swastika on it let them do it and let the free market decide whether they want to buy there or not. I don't want to shut it down and I don't want the government or any of its agencies doing so either. If people don't like it they won't buy there, simple as that. The fact that some guys store name in India is international news says everything that needs to be said about the value of "news".
 
Where are we talking about caves, amazon jungles or other cultural black holes in the universe?

This guy lives in a city of 5.5 million. Not only that, the city is the third fastest growing city on the planet. Quite a far cry from a cave or a tribal village in the middle of the amazon.

The city also happens to have been named as the best mega city to live in India due to its education and quality of life being higher by Indian standards (which I realize isn't much, but we are talking of an emergent economy here, not a black hole in the universe)

I don't buy a word this guy is selling. He opened a store called hitler with a Swatstika symbol topping the letter "i". And although the symbol has some relevance to Hindus not related to nazi's and is not unseen in India, in that context it sits on one of its flat edges forming a square. This guy happened to lift the name hitler and the nazi version of the swastika symbol and then pretends he had no clue when asked. Hitler? Maybe, but I doubt it considering the wild coincidental pairing of the swastika.

I've traveled to many third world countries. I'm not even an American and I find beauty in the simplicity and often times struggle yet joy of people in every culture. I'm not one of those guys who waves his flag everywhere I go and expect people to conform to me. I'm also not one of the people who pays for $300 a night, westernized suite completely removed from the culture it's in. I spend more time abroad then I do at "home". So your assumptions are wrong.

And I actually agree with your point -not everyone knows mickey mouse or Michael Jackson. But I have an issue with your unfair generalization about me though based on my opinions of this isolated case.

When someone tries to stand on a chair with 3 legs I call it for what I see it. Maybe this guy genuinely didn't know. But I'm skeptical. But the truth is I don't really even care. If someone wants to open a shop called Hitler and paint a swastika on it let them do it and let the free market decide whether they want to buy there or not. I don't want to shut it down and I don't want the government or any of its agencies doing so either. If people don't like it they won't buy there, simple as that. The fact that some guys store name in India is international news says everything that needs to be said about the value of "news".

You're absolutely correct.
 
common every one doesnt know about hitler..only educated ones in india would know about him..and literacy rate is veryless in india
 
common every one doesnt know about hitler..only educated ones in india would know about him..and literacy rate is veryless in india

It is at almost 90% in this city in particular. And mein kampf happens to be one of the best sellers in India during the best decade and growing so I don't think Hitler is completely unknown.

And again, I'm not saying everyone knows Hitler. Of course not. What I'm saying is that I think this guy does.

And if he didn't, he sure does now.
 
You have no idea where the swastika comes from it would seem.

Bad Nazi. Bad, BAD Nazi.

Am I at all implying that the swastika was created by hitler himself? No, stupid noob.. I never once implied that and know that the swastika was around for generations prior to the most beautiful point in history. However, only one set of people made it infamous, beautiful and a symbol of pride. All else can bow.