As most of you know already:
"Google devoted its home page to the humble barcode today
Many commenters talked of trying to scan the Google logo rendered in “Code 128″ with limited degrees of success – using everything from commercial barcode scanners to cellphone cameras. Others jumped in with conspiracy theories – that barcodes are somehow related to the devil, or would in some future time be used to catalog a society overrun by machines. It’s all pretty fantastic.
Some comments from the masses:
"I thought someone hacked Google at first..LOL"
"the bar code runs off of 6 6 6. the dividing longer bar code that goes from top to bottom are 6’s. the other numbers are shorter or not right to the bottom so you can see the numbers placed under them. the 2 thin lines close together. the first two, the middle two and the last two are 6’s. Just something to consider seeing as the bible predicts the beasts number as 666. Today people are numbered as well as King David was tempted in the old testament in Chronicles to number the people and he was tempted of the devil. After this happened Israel was judged with plague and thousands died in one day. Be warned"
"It gave me a funny feeling when I saw it"
"i am fairly disappointed in Google’s choice of picture for today. It is also the birthday of Niels Bohr today, and I think that the man who helped develop the atomic theory should be commended more than a bar code."
"think it’ll work if i scan it at kmart?"
"guess I was the only one that got pissed off when I saw the bar code. I mean really WTF? To me it represents that all we are reduced to is a number in the eyes of those in power."
"Tell Google that we are not machines. Humans don’t read bar codes"
"I don’t like it and think it is a way for someone else to steal your information"
Source:
Google bar code logo latest in ‘doodle’ line | csmonitor.com
"Google devoted its home page to the humble barcode today
Many commenters talked of trying to scan the Google logo rendered in “Code 128″ with limited degrees of success – using everything from commercial barcode scanners to cellphone cameras. Others jumped in with conspiracy theories – that barcodes are somehow related to the devil, or would in some future time be used to catalog a society overrun by machines. It’s all pretty fantastic.
Some comments from the masses:
"I thought someone hacked Google at first..LOL"
"the bar code runs off of 6 6 6. the dividing longer bar code that goes from top to bottom are 6’s. the other numbers are shorter or not right to the bottom so you can see the numbers placed under them. the 2 thin lines close together. the first two, the middle two and the last two are 6’s. Just something to consider seeing as the bible predicts the beasts number as 666. Today people are numbered as well as King David was tempted in the old testament in Chronicles to number the people and he was tempted of the devil. After this happened Israel was judged with plague and thousands died in one day. Be warned"
"It gave me a funny feeling when I saw it"
"i am fairly disappointed in Google’s choice of picture for today. It is also the birthday of Niels Bohr today, and I think that the man who helped develop the atomic theory should be commended more than a bar code."
"think it’ll work if i scan it at kmart?"
"guess I was the only one that got pissed off when I saw the bar code. I mean really WTF? To me it represents that all we are reduced to is a number in the eyes of those in power."
"Tell Google that we are not machines. Humans don’t read bar codes"
"I don’t like it and think it is a way for someone else to steal your information"
Source:
Google bar code logo latest in ‘doodle’ line | csmonitor.com