iPhone password manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

New member
Jun 27, 2006
6,777
118
0
52
On the firing line
Anybody know of a decent one? I want one that will automatically fill in the login details. So far, I haven't been able to find one. Apparently they all just store the login details and you can look them up then manually type them in. Fuckin' PITA.
 


The problem here is that the iPhone does not have an underlying RAM architecture.

Meaning: There is no RAM that works across applications, as soon as you close an app, all info is lost.

Yes, it is a drawback (some say serious).
Yes, it is an advantage (security, some say very good).

So... you are up shit creek without a paddle there, bro. No easy PW management for you.

::emp::
 
Thanks for linking to the 1Password review. I downloaded it since it was free. I might start using it instead of Google for those couple stupid ass questions that the banks always ask you - 'what's the name of your favorite tv show?' 'what did you have for lunch today?', etc
 
Thanks for linking to the 1Password review. I downloaded it since it was free. I might start using it instead of Google for those couple stupid ass questions that the banks always ask you - 'what's the name of your favorite tv show?' 'what did you have for lunch today?', etc


What's free? Isn't the 1password $35.00? Or did I skim right over something?
 
Don't download 1Password!!!!

I just tried it. Only had two passwords set up, went to one of them and it crashed the browser (not Safari), went back to it again a few minutes later and it locked up my phone for 10 minutes. Just froze it solid.

Also, it's damn annoying because it uses it's own browser and doesn't integrate with Safari, so it doesn't take advantage of the accelerometer or allow multiple tabs.

I don't recommend it to anyone.
 
Maybe it has something to do with Prosper202 and 1Password. They don't like each other? :D

Anywho...I wish it did work for me, that was pretty much exactly what I wanted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.