Is a college degree worth the cost?



No. Be intelligent, get a mentor who's a self-made millionaire, and bust your ass for him for years to make him an extra couple million.

After those few years, you'll be set for the rest of your life.
 
Cant edit my post....

I would say yes because it helps open doors. Once you have that degree, you're essentially a product to corporations. A peg that fits into their machine and they can find someone else to do exactly what your doing. You have to be able to sell/market yourself and show more worth than the next guy.
 
My degree is a path to a pharmacist license. It is well worth the investment and will repay itself many, many times over.
 
Schiff isn't against college. He's against colleges charging exorbitant prices, which is a direct result from gov't intervention in the form of guaranteed student loans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIcfMMVcYZg&feature=relmfu]How government programs drive up college tuitions - YouTube[/ame]
 
I only paid SGD $24000 for my entire university education (4 years). I am sure in the US the cost is much much higher.
 
My degree is a path to a pharmacist license. It is well worth the investment and will repay itself many, many times over.

I wonder how good an investment it would be if gov't didn't limit the number of pharmacists with licensing. I'm not familiar with the Canadian college system but I'm guessing it's heavily subsidized by taxpayers.
 
My undergrad degree was totally free. Now my grad study is also totally free (with stipend).
 
He doesn't even ask if they have their degree. Going to college doesn't mean you graduated. I would know ;)
 
If your plans include holding a sign in front of a strip joint on Bourbon street for money after graduating then the college degree definitely will not pass cost/benefit.
 
yea because your average joe has access to a willing millionaire mentor

If someone showed up at your office door, and proved themselves to be an intelligent, ambitious individual who's capable of learning, and basically begged you for the chance to work for you for free, would you bring them on?

Guess what? Many millionaires out there would do the same. Whether or not you're actually capable of learning and producing results is a different story, but nonetheless, that route would be an infinitely better education than listening to some 58yo lady telling you how to write a balance sheet at some community college.
 
You can't just go to college and expect a job to fall in your lap.

Most of the people in this video are probably people who have no ambition to do anything in life except coast by, just like they coasted through college getting C's.
 
Its not woth it as long as Odumma is in office,Might as well save your 100 grand in tution and go straight to McDonalds for a job youll be ahead of the pack.
 
So what have we learned here... That average students that go to school and get worthless business degrees and worthless education and liberal arts degrees wont find a good job. If you are gonna go to university put the effort in it and actually do a degree that will be good like engineering or computer science.
 
I wonder how good an investment it would be if gov't didn't limit the number of pharmacists with licensing. I'm not familiar with the Canadian college system but I'm guessing it's heavily subsidized by taxpayers.

That is a good question:

http://www.policyalternatives.ca/sites/default/files/uploads/publications/BC%20Office/2012/01/CCPA_Paid_in_Full_2012_web.pdf

Looks about 50K for four years is total cost of university tuition, with 40% coming out of the student's pocket in form of tuition.

No idea why the US is so much more expensive. I have some friends who are university professors and they say oh yeah, the "name" profs down in the States make stupid money. And don't work very hard for it. Maybe that's it (shrug).