I was making a joke there. Truthfully though, I don't need someone in my life who has the exact same skill set I do. I think the differences there create opportunities to be useful to each other. Isn't the whole relationship idea supposed to be enriching?
I don't think redundant skill sets are all that interesting or enriching.
That being said, brava to you if you can do all of those things at once.
I know you were kidding
Although I do believe it's most efficient if both people in a relationship can adopt differing roles for some things, there's also a lot to be gained with a bit of overlap. No one you work with will ever look out for you like a *good* romantic partner, and if that person understands what you do, they're in a better position than anyone to help you come up with new ideas or improve on the ones you already have. If you work in the same field but have slightly different connections and focuses, that can be pretty useful, too.
I've always been told you should have 2-3 serious interests in common with someone you settle down with - and at least a few others that you don't share. Enrichment doesn't have to come from the fact that you have different professional interests (though it obviously can). It can just as easily come from the fact that you like house music and she likes classical, or you like hiking and she loves archaeology, etc.