It's All in The Hat (when approaching girls)

bizousoft

ну Вовка
Mar 5, 2010
784
14
0
Canada
Opened a web-site for fun called street fashion site

Me and my friend walk around MTL and ask stylish girls if we can take pictures of them. First week they were all saying "fuck off" (very discouraging...).

I bought hats and business cards with the company logo, now the success rate is 80-90%.

Lesson learned: wearing a "uniform" really changes ones perspective.

I realized that after seeing "Red Cross" street peddlers. They have wicked uniforms: same kind rescuers wear.

P.S: Approaching strangers if fukin' nerve wrecking. Much respect to people that sell on the streets.

I pussied out like 50 times before gathering enough courage to approach a single girl, but once you do, it feels very liberating.

XitYj.png
 


Apply this to yourcityyellowpages.com
Get a few custom shirts with logo made up ( incorporate the walking fingers logo ) and you'll get better conversions when walking into local businesses to sell listings
 
Opened a web-site for fun called street fashion site

Me and my friend walk around MTL and ask stylish girls if we can take pictures of them. First week they were all saying "fuck off" (very discouraging...).

I bought hats and business cards with the company logo, now the success rate is 80-90%.

Lesson learned: wearing a "uniform" really changes ones perspective.

I realized that after seeing "Red Cross" street peddlers. They have wicked uniforms: same kind rescuers wear.

P.S: Approaching strangers if fukin' nerve wrecking. Much respect to people that sell on the streets.

I pussied out like 50 times before gathering enough courage to approach a single girl, but once you do, it feels very liberating.

XitYj.png

Are you treating this like a legit site for money or a fun way to overcome approach anxiety?

Props to the idea, way to think outside the box.
 
This is a great idea for sure. I wouldn't have a problem asking people if I could take their pictures though. uniforms demand respect, especially if people get used to seeing you around hot spots, they might even start dressing up in hopes of getting a photo taken :D
 
Good job. Hats often change your persona too, always fun.

Now you gotta build traffic vs the other forty kabillion general fashion sites, and then if i want to wear the shoes that one dude is wearing, you should give me some affiliate linkage to amazon/shoebuy/zappos/whatever... and profit.

Getting traffic will be hardest. Why not facebook like buttons and twitter and stuff?
 
urban_riddick.jpg
≠
riddick_3_film.jpg


"Winter cycle courier with a cool rugged fashion look. As if straight from the Riddick Chronicles. Picture taken in Downtown Montreal."

....
 
Facebook integration, allow models to tag themselves/friends to tag (remarkets to their news streams), deep aff links to products being worn on merchant website, build a local brand and leverage the "omg saw you on streetfashionsite!" viral buzz...might work!
 
  • Like
Reactions: bizousoft