Join an affiliate network or purchase an affiliate script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamache

New member
Jun 26, 2006
4,393
130
0
I can offer $30+ per signup on my site and still make $20 (based on my $50 purchase price). So I figure why not start an affiliate program for it? The question I have is should I just purchase an affiliate script (or code my own), OR try and join an affiliate network that has established affiliates already? Thanks.
 


Give affiliate network first and see how it goes.

It will give you a baseline to compare to.
 
What are you selling? E-junkie.com is awesome for both physical and digital products. And it's cheap and awesome.. did i mention awesome?

It's also awesome.
 
Eh, after checking them out a bit, it looks like it's not very flexible in the idea that you can't have your own members area and distribute the files yourself...
 
I'd go with a network to start off.. no startup costs, a pool of affiliates, and most have some sort of guarantee as far as the quality of affiliates/leads.
 
question is, what network? what affiliate network will allow me to keep my members area on my end... is there one that'll let me keep my own order page too?
 
Well there is going to be some programing to do all the tracking but you should be able to keep all your own pages. Basically they only have to put a pixel on your order confirmation page to track conversions.

The initial cost by networks totally depends on the network. Some have zero cost, some charge a bit up front, some will make you put some money into escrow in case you don't pay up for the conversions.
 
Eh, after checking them out a bit, it looks like it's not very flexible in the idea that you can't have your own members area and distribute the files yourself...

I think it's very flexible. And you can redirect them to your own thank you page if you want. It would work just like a normal paypal button.

You can sign up and try it out for free for 7 days or something. I guess the only bad part is that the pool of affiliates is not as big as with other networks.

Clickbank and PDC could be used for a membership site but they charge way more.
 
I would join a network. A lot of affiliates dont trust independant programs that have no proven track record.
 
There's a lot more to running a program than just selecting a script. Recruiting, payment processing, affiliate screening, fielding day-to-day questions, other affiliate management, etc. You need to include this when you decide between going in-house and outsourcing your affiliate program.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.