Just launched a new site.. ideas for launch exposure?



That twitter shit is tacky as fuck but all in all, I think this is a pretty good site. It is something people would link to for sure.
 
Facebook:

20 Different advertising campaigns that lead to a direct link to that hub page on your site. Find the 20 most popular games this year, target, win.

SEcond,

Your site doesn't look like its about gaming. You don't give a nod to the hardware (Controllers, Xbox logos, TV's, etc) or the software (Popular characters, cartoony looks, explosions, whatever)

Just some thoughts. Best of luck. Looks like a great concept.

Awesome, good ideas..

I worked a bit on creating an entirely different look (it's not completed yet) but it has a 100% more gamer feel:
Upcoming Games for 2011: XBOX, PS3 & PC

I may create one more and then try and get feedback on which has the best feel of the 3, and stick with that; and maybe give visitors the ability to switch themes.
 
Banner looks way better but your colors need a little tweaking. Your thermometer is completely fucked on the bottom half of the page it just disappears. If you can code why not try a a jquery slider for it? The new layout doesn't have enough contrast, maybe take a look at kuler for some color ideas. I think your definitely headed the way of the gamer w/ the new layout. I think when you get the kinks ironed out your gonna have sweet site
 
on index page; for each new capsule have a FB like button with counter. To show this X new game has Y fb likes etc.

nice job on site,
jt
 
Initial Reaction - Fuckin' awesome. I love its layout, and it may be my new favorite "upcoming gaming" sites.

EDIT : Just joined; Looks pretty awesome so far.
 
I joined the site and tried out your forum. Runs well. I tried to favorite a game and it didn't seem to work or just didn't tell me that it did.

Chrome 10
Windows 7 64-Bit

You should ad some breadcrumbs for better navigation.

Also, when I was in the forum I clicked add new thread. Then I needed to register. After I registered and saved my settings, etc.... it didn't auto forward me back to the forum I was trying to post in.

My biggest complaint is navigation... and yeah do something with that space in the header.

I'm gonna share this site for sure. I have a list of people that will love this site. Once I get one of my gaming hobby sites done for SCII I'll give you a link.

I'll keep an eye out and let some people aware of it. I'd love to see this take off.

P.S. That twitter stuff is dumb.

Edit: It'd be cool if when you go to "My Games" there was an add link.
 
Last edited:
Good looking site. I agree that it definitely needs something between the header and the games. I found myself sitting there for a second waiting for something to load there. Also took me a second to figure out exactly what the thermometer thing was all about. I mean, it looks really cool but I at first I thought it was a gauge of the coolness of the game, then soon realized that it's a timeline. Anywho, great job man, keep it up!