LIBERTARIAN INSTITUTE SAYS OBAMACARE WILL ACTUALLY COST 6 TRILLION

Our attitude is we are willing to accept the responsibility for having lazy people. We are our brothers keepers and we accept it.

Maybe you should too.

Show me where in the UNITED STATES Constitution it says I have to be responsible for lazy pieces of shit?

If you could find me the line that says Americans are entitled to free health care, I'd appreciate it.
 


@ guerilla - Thank you for the history lesson. I was aiming for the sentiment that the phrase conveyed.

@ FTC- Hater. Yes, I pay taxes. Taxes on property, house insurance, food, clothing, gas, income, death and everything in between. It would be more useful and shorter to say - What do I not pay taxes on? I am willing to pay my taxes because I know that if I have to have open heart surgery I can. In 1 week, depending on the urgency, and I will not walk out of that hospital with a $100,000 bill in hand. I will walk out of that hospital and be a healthy member of society who will go to work and pay my taxes. So the next person who needs an open heart surgery can do the same.

@ Dubli - There is no line in the constitution that says you need to be responsible for a lazy brother. If you really want to check a rule book for humanity try the Bible. Personally, I don't follow the American Constitution or the Bible.
 
I am willing to pay my taxes because I know that if I have to have open heart surgery I can. In 1 week, depending on the urgency, and I will not walk out of that hospital with a $100,000 bill in hand.
No, you will walk out of the hospital debt free, and other people will be $100,000 poorer.

So you pay taxes because you know you will get back more than what you pay.

If you like paying taxes, and you are your brother's keeper, feel free to pay for everything you use, and donate even more to charity.

NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU.

If you're paying less, you're a free rider on your brothers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FTC-Hater
So , what happens when all the tax payers decide not to pay taxes for crap like this?

EVENTUALLY , the producers will realize they're getting screwed and change their habbits, maybe like not paying taxes, and then those who have been leaches will once in their lives feel what it's like to pay taxes for once.
 
J4.jpg


No worries guys...everything is under control. Just go along to get along, and everything will be okay.
 
@ guerilla - Thank you for the history lesson. I was aiming for the sentiment that the phrase conveyed.

@ FTC- Hater. Yes, I pay taxes. Taxes on property, house insurance, food, clothing, gas, income, death and everything in between. It would be more useful and shorter to say - What do I not pay taxes on? I am willing to pay my taxes because I know that if I have to have open heart surgery I can. In 1 week, depending on the urgency, and I will not walk out of that hospital with a $100,000 bill in hand. I will walk out of that hospital and be a healthy member of society who will go to work and pay my taxes. So the next person who needs an open heart surgery can do the same.

@ Dubli - There is no line in the constitution that says you need to be responsible for a lazy brother. If you really want to check a rule book for humanity try the Bible. Personally, I don't follow the American Constitution or the Bible.

Do you pay less taxes than the median? If so, you're a thief, not your brother's keeper.
 
I invite you to live in Canada.

h1n1 vaccine cost me nothing. Birth of Two Children (at different times) cost me nothing. My DH knee surgery cost $150 for the brace and $60 for physio therapy but thats it. Micro Spinal Surgery for a parent with a herneated disk cost them not one penny.

IMHO it's all about your approach to health care. You don't want a whole bunch of poor people coming from all over the world and clogging up your health care system. You also don't want a bunch of lazy do nothings sitting on their laurels with their hands out expecting to have the health care of a CEO.

We get that.

Our attitude is we are willing to accept the responsibility for having lazy people. We are our brothers keepers and we accept it.

Maybe you should too.

That's all well and dandy, but who gave anyone the right to take from me and give it to someone else? This isn't just about the government getting in to the business of health care, which is fucking scary enough, but it's about wealth redistribution. No where in the constitution does it give the federal government authorization to do what they are planning to do. In fact, the 10th amendment specifically states that they have no right to do this.

I would like to point out that the $6t figure is over a decade of expenditure.
So it's actually $600b per year, which is not that much for a nation with over 400m citizens.
It averages out to $1,500 per year, per person.

You're operating under the false assumption that all 300+ million americans will be effected by this. If you take out illegals, the temporarily unemployed, those who have access to and can afford health insurance but choose not to take it, and those who make more than $75,000 a year, you're left with about 10 million uninsured. All this, trillions of dollars, for 10 million people. Less than 1% of the nation. Nobody can honestly say that we need to create what will be one of the biggest, bloated, and most expensive buracracies this nation has ever seen for less than one fucking percent of this country. It's beyond rediculous. The federal government has no business or authority to manage health care. The federal government isn't competent enough to do so. The cost to this nation will be very very severe, in many ways. Hopefully the damage won't be permenant, so that once we get politicians who actually respect the constitution and understand the federal governments rols role, they'll be able to fix the mess this will cause...but I'm not going to hold my breath.


P.s. - this was written on my phone, forgive any grammar and spelling mistakes.