Lynda.com for training?

ebtek

New member
Oct 21, 2008
1,008
42
0
it almost seems too good to be true. $25/month and you have access to their entire library of videos /training for pretty much every piece of software out there, from sql server, to ms access, to web design/development to autocad etc

anyone sign up with them? is it legit?
 


yeah i use them for design stuff, very good. if you are student your school should be able to get you a discount also
 
they are great but i don't think they are all that useful.

i spent like over 30 hours watching a dreamweaver tutorial.. at the end i didn't know how to do anything.

best way to learn is to JUST DO IT and google the stuff you want to accomplish at the time.
 
Yeah, im a member. I had a 7 day free trial and did what I wanted in that time, but for $25 a months you can't go wrong. There's always more to learn, and I'd rather have the vid's right there in front of me than trying to download shit.
 
They're extremely comprehensive, but it's a pain in the ass to keep going back to certain parts in the video for clarification. I've found that they are a very good starting point for any topic; enough to get you started. If you get stuck on anything, just use Google to fill in the blanks.

NetTuts is a fantastic site for this kind of stuff too. The majority of it is free.
 
Frankly, I felt them incredibly sedative. Like defensive driving videos.

Compare them to videos like Railscasts.

Just be sure to speed the videos up 1.5x-2x. But I don't want to hate on their work. Self-education needs more status in our society.
 
it almost seems too good to be true. $25/month and you have access to their entire library of videos /training for pretty much every piece of software out there, from sql server, to ms access, to web design/development to autocad etc

anyone sign up with them? is it legit?

in a matter of hours learned how to use Adobe Premiere Pro and was able to do some pretty sophisticated editing. Def. legit
 
Yep. Pretty Legit ok. But arent there alternative sources that offer 100% discounts?
 
I have used them for a few things. I don't like watching video tutorials for a lot of things, but what they have is good. Agree with most of the other opinions here.