Making Monies Online and Traveling the World?

What I mean is that I met a lot of guys who started this lifestyle and never came out of it! Especially in Asia actually. I've met couple American and Canadian guys in their 50ties, partying like 20, no wife no kids and they visit their families like once every 5 years... not sure I wanna end up like that.
Do you think these guys really care about what people think about their lifestyles though? If they're doing it right, then they're spending their days banging asian sluts half their age instead of watching American Idol and counting down the days til they get their 401Ks.

It all comes down to what you want out of your life. As long as you're enjoying yourself -- traveling, starting a family, playing Playstation 3 all day -- who really cares what other people think?
 


I want to at least know what life is like outside America before I bite it, but I'm in no hurry. Once life is a bit more stable I might go travel some. I really don't think it would be for me, but you never know until you try it right? There's no harm in trying something.
 
I'm 19 and planning on doing this within the next few months, IM is has been going pretty well for me and I have a good bit of money saved. I plan on doing what Cupid is talking about and for the most part stay at a place for a month or so before moving on, just have to see how it goes.

Now to find a good laptop.
 
Do it!

I do exactly this - it's great fun, although one issue to start with is that you might have trouble getting work done so I prefer to stay at a place for a month or so at a time to crank out some campaigns and stay motivated.

I don't know where you're from but there can also tax benefits:
Perpetual traveler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh man thanks for this link, I didn't know this status even existed.

If you were to become a PT, where would you bank though? in your home country? or is it better to bank in an offshore tax haven? (I know this might be a whole different topic but just curious)
 
I wished I had traveled more often when I was younger. I was too busy thinking about making money. Now I am 32 and starting to see what is out there however, I feel like time is running out so I am planning to travel 3 to 4 times a year. Already planned to hit up Japan come this March.
 
For any of you serious about traveling make sure you put the Philippines on your list.

The people are great, the girls are beautiful, the food might not be the most outstanding, but there are McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC, and other places you know scattered all over the place. If you need a list of local foods to give a try let me know. Some are great, others will probably scare the heck out of you. Like balut... If you don't know do a quick Google Image search. (It actually tastes pretty decent.)

The Philippine beer is quite good. (Stick with San Miguel and Red Horse).

There are casinos, dancing girls, golf, great beaches, volcanoes, surfing, scuba diving, and did I mention girls...

Oh well, I'm married to my own cute Filipina, so I better forget about the girls...
 
Last edited:
I'm in kind of a similar situation, Just turned 22 - thought of having kids and getting married is terrifying right now, so I decided to get some life adventures in before any of that, Packing up my condo into a storage unit on monday, and have had my tickets booked for the Dominican for about a month, rented a place there for a month then I'll see if I like it enough to stay or move on to the next place, I'm thinking Iceland.

When i get back to the states (no idea when) I really don't know where I am going to live, Probably somewhere near my friends as they are really the only people I like hanging out with on a consistent basis, and even though I don't get to hang out with them as much as we used too (baby's, girlfriends, etc) its still good to know good people are close.

@berryunruh - Yea I lived in the philippines for 5 months, I know what you mean about the girls - Americans are like god's there.
 
I'm in kind of a similar situation, Just turned 22 - thought of having kids and getting married is terrifying right now, so I decided to get some life adventures in before any of that, Packing up my condo into a storage unit on monday, and have had my tickets booked for the Dominican for about a month, rented a place there for a month then I'll see if I like it enough to stay or move on to the next place, I'm thinking Iceland.

When i get back to the states (no idea when) I really don't know where I am going to live, Probably somewhere near my friends as they are really the only people I like hanging out with on a consistent basis, and even though I don't get to hang out with them as much as we used too (baby's, girlfriends, etc) its still good to know good people are close.

@berryunruh - Yea I lived in the philippines for 5 months, I know what you mean about the girls - Americans are like god's there.

You're going to live in Dominican Republic??! Are you insane?? I just got back from there a month ago and it's f*kin' dangerous as hell... Read the travel warnings... never traveling to that place again. If I was you I'd go to any of the asian countries mentioned here. I heard north is safer, but south looked like a complete shit hole to me

I wished I had traveled more often when I was younger. I was too busy thinking about making money. Now I am 32 and starting to see what is out there however, I feel like time is running out so I am planning to travel 3 to 4 times a year. Already planned to hit up Japan come this March.

Japan is the place to be... Will be in Osaka next summer for 2 months hopefully


This thread is sweet!
 
traveling the world is the best thing I ever did for myself, hands down. You won't regret it. I'm definitely going to take a 2nd trip
 
Do it. Whatever 'it' might be.

Life is too freakin short and there is no practice run. If sitting around the same old city and the same people is how you want to live and die, then do it.

I personally can't hack that scene. I have talked to many of the people I used to hang with and it's quite depressing. They are stuck. Their minds and bodies are becoming inflexible and rigid and they have stopped evolving and growing. They are literally wasting away and don't appear to be very content even though they may have material comforts.

Traveling and living in new countries forces you to adapt and evolve. You will not survive and thrive if you hang on desperately to the old arrogant paradigm. This is especially true if you need to get a local job and tend to wander off the well worn path.

I have always said that I would rather 'experience', than 'have'. Life is too short and I've never seen a hearse with luggage racks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ChrisS
You're going to live in Dominican Republic??! Are you insane?? I just got back from there a month ago and it's f*kin' dangerous as hell... Read the travel warnings... never traveling to that place again. If I was you I'd go to any of the asian countries mentioned here. I heard north is safer, but south looked like a complete shit hole to me



Japan is the place to be... Will be in Osaka next summer for 2 months hopefully


This thread is sweet!

Really? What part did you go too? I did some research and the place I'm going had some really good reviews from people all over the world not just the US, I'm going to Cabarete, Puerta plata, DR
 
I have always said that I would rather 'experience', than 'have'. Life is too short and I've never seen a hearse with luggage racks.


So true, that is the main thing that changed in me... For me now, making money = freedom, not having nice things.
 
  • Like
Reactions: guerilla
You're going to live in Dominican Republic??! Are you insane?? I just got back from there a month ago and it's f*kin' dangerous as hell... Read the travel warnings... never traveling to that place again. If I was you I'd go to any of the asian countries mentioned here. I heard north is safer, but south looked like a complete shit hole to me

What are you talking about? Get your facts straight. I'm Dominican and I go there every year for 2 months, I've never seen any killings or been robbed. It's like every country, if you mess with people that sell or do drugs you will get fucked. There is nothing wrong with Dominican Republic if you are legit. Just stay away from Bani and Haitian border and you're good. East Coast is almost crime free cause no1 cares about drugs there plus it's like 80% tourist.

If anyone is interested in traveling to DR just PM me I know the hot spots and anti crime zones