Probably not even worth the time to bother, but I figured I'd ask you guys.
There's an adult site hotlinking an image of mine and serving up ~20k impressions a day.
They have been for like a year, and I just happened to notice it because it's a site I don't really mess with.
I'm not worried about the bandwidth and don't even care. But the thought crossed my mind that 20k impressions a day, even if it's only a few bucks a day may be worth taking 5 minutes to look into.
First thought that crossed my mind, the image isn't adult related but it's about 200x200 so I could just change it up to a banner like "visit this site for" and set up a quick affiliate site. Not sure how to monetize adult traffic. Maybe a dating lander.
But even with 20k impressions a day, I doubt I'd get shit for type ins.
So I looked into other ideas, and the only thing I came across was cookie stuffing through .htaccess, which I'm not even going to consider.
I don't guess there's a way to make it clickable, or any other ways to monetize that may not be as shady as dropping cookies on his traffic?
Any ideas?
Fuck it and don't worry about it?
Change it up to a meat spin .gif for the lol's?
Just curious more than anything.
There's an adult site hotlinking an image of mine and serving up ~20k impressions a day.
They have been for like a year, and I just happened to notice it because it's a site I don't really mess with.
I'm not worried about the bandwidth and don't even care. But the thought crossed my mind that 20k impressions a day, even if it's only a few bucks a day may be worth taking 5 minutes to look into.
First thought that crossed my mind, the image isn't adult related but it's about 200x200 so I could just change it up to a banner like "visit this site for" and set up a quick affiliate site. Not sure how to monetize adult traffic. Maybe a dating lander.
But even with 20k impressions a day, I doubt I'd get shit for type ins.
So I looked into other ideas, and the only thing I came across was cookie stuffing through .htaccess, which I'm not even going to consider.
I don't guess there's a way to make it clickable, or any other ways to monetize that may not be as shady as dropping cookies on his traffic?
Any ideas?
Fuck it and don't worry about it?
Change it up to a meat spin .gif for the lol's?
Just curious more than anything.