Mom sentenced for putting son in boiling water, WTF??

Better yet send her to a mental institute. Who the fuck punishes a child for being constipated?


No, a better idea would be a hysterectemy. That woman should never be able to reproduce.

I always thought people who hurt kids were scumbags, even though I was never a "kid" kind of person...never wanted any, never even held a baby. Then my son was born and I turned into a total sap. When I hear shit like this, it makes me so angry I want to punch someone.
 


So I'm not really going to read that news story but I couldn't help but notice Roundabouts post. What does liberal have to do with anything?

There's actually many schools of thought on how to raise kids. Dr. Spock started much of it way back when (not Leonard Nimoy for the new generation on here).

Does the way you raise your children correlate to liberalism? No, I don't think so. But I did agree with Harvey's statement that "like most left-wingers etc parents should be allowed to raise their kids as they see fit" is a statement you'd hear more liberals say.

I agree that you do not need to hit your kids. I have found I can scare the shit out of my kids by raising my voice. Once I had to scream at the top of my lungs and my daughter cried for about 30 mins. But it did the trick, and she fears that vs. a strap or something else that like you, I grew up knowing very well.

My parents argument when I bitch to them how mean they were is "you turned out all right, didnt you?" How clever of them to HIT me with that :-)
 
There's actually many schools of thought on how to raise kids. Dr. Spock started much of it way back when (not Leonard Nimoy for the new generation on here).

Does the way you raise your children correlate to liberalism? No, I don't think so. But I did agree with Harvey's statement that "like most left-wingers etc parents should be allowed to raise their kids as they see fit" is a statement you'd hear more liberals say.

I agree that you do not need to hit your kids. I have found I can scare the shit out of my kids by raising my voice. Once I had to scream at the top of my lungs and my daughter cried for about 30 mins. But it did the trick, and she fears that vs. a strap or something else that like you, I grew up knowing very well.

My parents argument when I bitch to them how mean they were is "you turned out all right, didnt you?" How clever of them to HIT me with that :-)

Agreed.

It's funny that I can argue with my son for like 10 minutes but the second I raise my voice he gets this "OH SHIT" look and runs away. What? Does he think I'm going to hit him? Maybe he does. I don't want him to fear me, but he does need to learn, in life, when to fold em, when to walk away and when to run, right?
 
He should need to know to stop the argument way before you start yelling or raising your voice. I believe its all about building respect and keeping at it. (notice: I have no children, so this is all theoretical).

Yelling is, in a way, aggressive outbreak in its own right. Similar to hitting a child (physical aggression), yelling is an emotional one. As in the case of physical, you need to learn control to minimize the effects on your child.
 
itting or any other physical punishment to a child is barbaric plain and simple.
I would have to agree with this. I heard of a story where a lady smoldered her 4 yr daughter with a branding rod. I mean like.. sure children will exercise your lungs like you never thought and stuff, but there is a limit. I would rate hitting a kid severely even worst than cheating on a spouse, especially when you have kids!
 
Parenting Training...? Shouldn't ever be that kid's parent ever again. I think the sentence was too light.

Just as bad as the guy killing his girlfriend's 2 year old daughter, because she wouldn't say "Sir", "Please", "Thank You, Sir".
 
Agreed.

It's funny that I can argue with my son for like 10 minutes but the second I raise my voice he gets this "OH SHIT" look and runs away. What? Does he think I'm going to hit him? Maybe he does. I don't want him to fear me, but he does need to learn, in life, when to fold em, when to walk away and when to run, right?

This worked for a while on me. Then I learned to yell back.
 
Just for kicks and giggles, they should boil half her ass in a big caldron. Barbaric? Maybe. Entertaining? Yes!