Moniker's Domain Privacy Is Worthless

Insomniac

New member
Mar 3, 2007
1,322
44
0
I run a site which offers business listings. For legal reasons I do not remove any business listings, but I do let anyone comment on them and let others know the listings are incorrect.

So this woman gets a new phone number, and the number was previously held by a male escort, this means she gets a bunch of horny old bitches calling her up, and asking for for some sausage. She emails the site, I explain to her that 1) I don't run a normal site, so I'm most likely not the cause of her calls 2) the escort service number is posted allll over the net, messages boards and all 3) she should change her number 4) for legal reasons, I don't remove numbers.

So I get this email to my moniker email today, not from moniker, but from the bitch who is too thick to understand she should change her number, to avoid her horny old bitch problem. She sent an email to legal@moniker.com requesting to have the listing changed. Instead of forwarding me the email, or waiting for any legal correspondence, the stupid fucks just give her my moniker email address.

Fuck you moniker, you shouldn't be giving out my email to anyone who writes a sob story. I shouldn't need an account per domain, just to protect my information from you stupid fucks.
 


Shit thing about this is that Moniker is actually known as one of the better registrars.
That shit like internet.bs might reveal its own set of problems in the future. Where the FUCK am I supposed to go now? Become a FUCKING registrar myself?

THIS is why we FUCKING need castle laws and the RIGHT TO FUCKING DEFEND OURSELVES FROM CRAZY FUCKS WHO FOUND YOUR ADDRESS WITH A PHONE CALL TO A FUCKING DOMAIN REGISTRAR.

THE CONSTITUTION IS THERE FOR A FUCKING REASON AND ANYONE WHO TRIES TO MAKE UNREASONABLE CHANGES TO IT THAT PUTS THE LIVES OF ORDINARY AMERICANS AT RISK SHOULD BE TRIED FOR TREASON.
 
Is Domain Privacy only good for preventing spam emails now? Pretty useless if the register can just give out information like that...
 
yeah, I recently had my docs dropped as well. Register with fake info and pay with a gift card.
 
send a fake C&D to any registrar and they will instantly remove the whois protection and show the real info.. they dont control the legitimacy of the C&D
 
Shit thing about this is that Moniker is actually known as one of the better registrars.
That shit like internet.bs might reveal its own set of problems in the future. Where the FUCK am I supposed to go now? Become a FUCKING registrar myself?

THIS is why we FUCKING need castle laws and the RIGHT TO FUCKING DEFEND OURSELVES FROM CRAZY FUCKS WHO FOUND YOUR ADDRESS WITH A PHONE CALL TO A FUCKING DOMAIN REGISTRAR.

THE CONSTITUTION IS THERE FOR A FUCKING REASON AND ANYONE WHO TRIES TO MAKE UNREASONABLE CHANGES TO IT THAT PUTS THE LIVES OF ORDINARY AMERICANS AT RISK SHOULD BE TRIED FOR TREASON.

hahahaha noob
just get some stupid shelf company and put "Domain Admin"
 
send a fake C&D to any registrar and they will instantly remove the whois protection and show the real info.. they dont control the legitimacy of the C&D

I'd have been alright with it, if there was even a fake C&D sent to Moniker. In this case, all they did was send a regular email... :boid:
 
... from the bitch who is too thick to understand she should change her number

Wow! Them letting your email address out so people can contact you when you don't want them to is SOOO wrong. However rather than complain about it and expect anyone to help you, perhaps you should just change your email address?
 
I'd have been alright with it, if there was even a fake C&D sent to Moniker. In this case, all they did was send a regular email... :boid:


Yes, but it's not like they removed the whois-protection and show your real info now in whois, right? they just passed over your phone number from what I understood
 
I asked my contact at Moniker if they have anything to respond to this thread...
 
I use fake profiles all the time on godaddy, namecheap, and moniker and never once had a problem with using them WITH whois privacy.

And yes, i've been had c&d's and request for the whois as well.

Granted, you might say my domains are not important but they make me bank and i've been doing most my domains this way for years.
 
Wow! Them letting your email address out so people can contact you when you don't want them to is SOOO wrong. However rather than complain about it and expect anyone to help you, perhaps you should just change your email address?

The site has a very large "CONTACT US" link on it, linking right to the sites support email address, which is checked daily. Instead, they gave out my moniker@someotherdomain.com address. I responded to the person over a month ago, and we exchanged a few emails, one of which suggested a number change.

I asked my contact at Moniker if they have anything to respond to this thread...

Their office is EST, so when I got the email at 2:02PM PST, they were closed, and I couldn't contact my account manager.

I use fake profiles all the time on godaddy, namecheap, and moniker and never once had a problem with using them WITH whois privacy.

And yes, i've been had c&d's and request for the whois as well.

Granted, you might say my domains are not important but they make me bank and i've been doing most my domains this way for years.

This domain is highly important, and has a lot invested in it.