Most automated internet business model?

FromUndaCheese

New member
Jun 25, 2010
216
14
0
My new years resolution/goal for 2011 has been to transition my affiliate marketing income aka a glorified j-o-b, into an automated money machine that takes less than 10 hours of work per week to manage after setup, and pays me $1,500/day forever. I haven't quite figured out what direction to go yet, and am probably going to test all of the below methods out, but I thought I'd ask you guys if you think I am missing any business models that might fit what I am trying to accomplish.

Here are my ideas so far....

1. Pull a Jon Volk, and enter the eCommerce business. With excellent search marketing skills, an eCommerce business could be a goldmine in the right niche, but an extreme headache with fulfillment, drop shipping, customer service, refunds, etc.

2. Enter the Info Market. Build a niche information business empire Dan Kennedy style. Diet and business mainly. Very lucrative as there is no inventory but might take a while to scale.

3. Become a Mailer. Doing like Ryan Eagle suggests in his weekly EWA newsletter, and build email lists based on demographics. Gather customer data (name, phone, address, email, age, sex, location), and send those customers to targeted affiliate offers forever.

4. Create Web Applications and hope they go viral. Dropbox, Evernote, etc.

5. ?

What are your thoughts?
 


ecomm seems like it still would have serious input required with managing products, customer service, shipping, etc. Info market - is pretty much everybody on here is trying to do? a web app is only as good as your code..don't bother if your medium/low skill? (not saying you are, just saying in general). However, if it were to even go medium viral, you can hire dev to revamp the code for efficiency and scalability.

It seems to most automated business model would be anything that would provide a 'handoff', don't sell products, don't offer services(direct services, that is) , but selling informatino..which isn't physical, so no shipping. This would bring me to #2 again. Isn't everybody trying to do that?

Optomize, automate or outsource that bihh.
Looking forward to other answers, gl.
 
I'm taking a stab at #4 but would be want to go the eComm route as well, just gotta figure out a product to sell that I can source overseas.
 
Honestly I don't really see any of those choices being an "automated" type business. In fact some of them seem like a lot more risk and work than just arbitraging paid traffic with affiliate offers.

The ecom store is something that you could possibly outsource most of if you become successful just like any other business. But I wouldn't think building it would be any less work. (but it is an asset you can sell later on)

Info market your still just developing a product to promote (although its your own product so not all a bad idea)

Mailer...Lists don't last forever people don't buy forever and fresh leads are worth more than old stale ones. While having a list could be a great asset there isn't really a point where you can say okay I have XXXXXXX amount of subscribers now i can just send emails and call it a day. Still have to test and work at it just like any PPC campaign to get them to buy

App development. = once again develop product on the hopes that it will take off, market product, manage, monetize, etc.

Not trying to discourage you in fact I'm in the same boat looking to branch out from just trying to make cash with the daily grind that is affiliate marketing and work on some passive income ideas that will leave me with some kind of asset. After looking at your current list I'd say you'd be better off making some high dividend investments or owning a business with with someone to take care of management like rental property or a car wash.
 
I'm not sure what kind of AM you're doing, but it certainly can be passive. Isn't that why we do SEO and throw up offers? Isn't that as passive as it gets? If you want something to call your own, develop your own product and develop sites around it. Sounds like you want to do more work than you have to . . . It's obviously very possible to have 1k+ days if you have enough sites ranking well and are pushing the right stuff. . . 95% of my entire operation is passive at the moment. My day to day operations consist of developing projects that I wan't to be successful within the next year. The stuff I worked on last year is passively earning right now. Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose.
 
1. Pull a Jon Volk, and enter the eCommerce business. With excellent search marketing skills, an eCommerce business could be a goldmine in the right niche, but an extreme headache with fulfillment, drop shipping, customer service, refunds, etc.

2. Enter the Info Market. Build a niche information business empire Dan Kennedy style. Diet and business mainly. Very lucrative as there is no inventory but might take a while to scale.

The way I'm spending my time, and the way that my projects are going I think 90% of my income will be from these two things in a couple months. Before 2011 I was bouncing around in short term, high profit niches. At the beginning of the year I made a pretty strong effort to move into creating established sites that can generate profit on their own, and not be completely reliant on any one traffic source. That way I don't have to worry about having a campaign fall apart overnight (which has happened to me way too many times), and my time is spent creating websites that are also assets.
 
Managing Pay Per Click accounts for other businesses.

Get someone else to do the actual management, and you just turn up for the client facing stuff. After the initial setup, you're looking one meeting every couple of months per client, with a call in between.

Charge 10% of spend, with agreed CPA/CPS targets.

Otherwise - SEO with offers. But make sure you're building a list otherwise Good Luck Bros with it comes to the next Google Update.
 
All those ideas are pretty hard to do and definitely won't be automated. Id say your best bet for automation is SEOing a shit load of websites. Id say get 10 or so domains. Start writing articles everyday for each site. Or outsource. Do a little link building everyday. Do this and after a good while your site will naturally rise up in the ranks and it will be a strong ranking. You won't have to worry about getting swept under the rug when google updates the search engine because all your info will be good and your links will be solid.

Eventually you will get to the top and it will be automated income. Its a long road, but its probably your best bet at automated income.


But for me, Id rather learn as much as I could about selling and marketing. Get so good that I could sell ice to eskimos. Once you get that good... You could sell anything. Go into any niche and dominate.

A lot of people under estimate how much money can be made online and we are pretty damn lucky for that. I am surprised there isn't top sales people in the real world industry doing more stuff online. I am not sure what most of their salaries are but I'm sure if they decided to get into this industry they would have no problem making a shit ton of money.
 
i always think about this...and i came up with some type of site where the users provide the content for u...like ezine...mahalo...and all popular forums...if u could make a few popular forums or info sites where the users upload the content...ur golden
 
2. Enter the Info Market. Build a niche information business empire Dan Kennedy style. Diet and business mainly. Very lucrative as there is no inventory but might take a while to scale.

That's the route I'm trying to go right now. Currently trying to make click bank work with media buys, but the end goal is to reinvest all my profits into my own info product. Probably the best biz model out there. Just in case you haven't been introduced to GOD yet.. Read everything you can find by Gary Halbert.

Trust me, if you're a true hustler and really want to make it you are going to become obsessive with his stuff and just copywriting and direct mail in general. I think it was Garrett who's a member here and he was bagging on cashvertising and recommended the halbert letter. After being introduced to the world of shitweasel I literally can't sleep at night because it makes you realize how much money is really out there for the taking if you can get creative.

Sorry for the ADDHDDD rant/thread derail I'm just obsessive about this shit.
 
Err. It feels that you are not looking at automation but rather an easy way out. The answer is -- you can automate eCommerce business. Fuck, the best example is 4hourworkweek. The dude made his ecommerce company run hands off.

Automation Possible? Yes. Less Work? No.
 
all of those things you listed take a lot of upfront effort. If you read 4 Hour Work Week again, you'll realize that Ferriss didn't start a company with only 4 hours of work a week, he built his company over many years of 80+ hour weeks. ONCE HE WAS ESTABLISHED is when he started automating things.

You have to have something to automate before you can automate it :)
 
All I did today was log into my adwords account, then look at my aweber account, then look at my maxbounty account...

How much easier do you want it?
 
All of the above can become semi-automated (i.e. very little work once set up) with the right outsourcing. You can even do it as an affiliate but you have to control the sales process and not just broker traffic.
 
nike-just-do-it.jpg