Motorola XOOM...

clyde

Self-proclaimed Expert
Apr 22, 2010
3,157
46
0
✈
Seems cool just coz it's not Apple.

Should I cop one so I can work while I travel?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF8-VRNKNSk]YouTube - ‪Gaming on Motorola Xoom #2: Samurai II: Vengeance & Air Attack HD‬‏[/ame]
 


There is only one company I hate more than Apple, and that would be Motorola. They can't even engineer a charger properly.
 
Motorola makes the shittiest products, especially cell phones/tablets.
 
A little overpriced but a good device. I was one of the developers to get one free as beta (Motodev network) and use it every day for testing and debugging. It uses a special version of Android for tablets. The only problem is the battery but is a good device, worth to be compared to ipad.
 
as much as I want android to work, the performance on all android devices is just fucking god awful. Anything that legs 20 seconds after initial unboxing is just plain fail.
 
They can't even engineer a charger properly.
THIS
Go with the Asus Transformer, really unique and cool good specs etc.

Asus Eee Pad Transformer Review | Google Android Tablets
And this
You're not going to find that thing anywhere. I've been trying to buy it for over a month now.
You must not have been trying that hard
Asus Tablet & eReaders at TigerDirect.com

Thinking about pulling the trigger on one myself.
 
OK just bought Dell Streak 7 from the 300+ I made from Amazon Affiliates 5 months ago.

How much you selling your iPad for blogspotter? I thought everything is in the cloud nowadays.
 
Motorola XOOM is a great device. although it not so advance as apple but it done a tremendous job.


20090624120658%21Ban_Hammer.jpg
 
I had the Xoom for about 2 weeks, then returned it for the Asus Transformer. For those having trouble getting the device, I recommend tracking the product here: ASUS Tablet PC In Stock Tracker - Transformer TF101 - NowInStock.net (not my site). You can get email/sms alerts when it comes in, which is how I managed to get the Tablet, Keyboard, and sleeve all within a week.

As for the Xoom, I really didn't have any serious complaints about it except:
1. The SD slot didn't work. They knew this when they shipped it, kept promising a firmware upgrade to make it work. No idea if this even works now.
2. The 4g/LTE upgrade thing. You will basically have to send it in if you want this, which to my knowledge is also not available yet.

Since you mentioned traveling, I don't believe the 3g (and LTE upgrade when it happens) will work while traveling, so you might as well get the Transformer (although there is a Wifi Xoom) since the keyboard dock is shit hot.