Movie: I'm Still Here

Fiver

New member
Jan 30, 2009
2,011
12
0
Has anyone seen this film?

It's a documentary about Joaquin Phoenix's decision to go from actor to hip hop singer, directed by Casey Affleck.

Caught this on cable the other night and was floored by what I saw. It shows Joaquin go into a downward spiral as he fails miserably at his next career move and then makes a fool of himself on Letterman, of which his appearance is now a classic.

And there is one scene in this movie that is so grotesque and revolting, I can't even talk about it. I could not believe that Casey Affleck would let this happen while shooting and I began to question why he would do it and then include it in the final film.

And then today I came upon this which explained it all: (don't watch until you see the film)

h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv9NppVAt78
 


And there is one scene in this movie that is so grotesque and revolting, I can't even talk about it. I could not believe that Casey Affleck would let this happen while shooting and I began to question why he would do it and then include it in the final film.

Stop being so fucking cryptic. Spit it out.
 
Casey Affleck did an interview before the film came out that was very much like the one in the link you posted.

My favorite part was the scenes with Diddy Combs when he was listening to the demo tapes.
 
Wiki

"I'm Still Here is a 2010 mockumentary[2] film directed by Casey Affleck, and written by Affleck and Joaquin Phoenix. The film purports to follow the life of Phoenix, from the announcement of his retirement from acting, through his transition into a career as a hip hop artist.[3] Filming officially began on January 16, 2009 at a Las Vegas nightclub.[4] Throughout the filming period, Phoenix remained in character for public appearances, giving many the impression that he was genuinely pursuing a new career."


Sounds interesting, will check it out.
 
Stop being so fucking cryptic. Spit it out.

Well since ^^^ this guy just blew the cover, Phoenix and Affleck have come out and said that it was all a hoax and that even Letterman didn't know about it.

Of course there's some that argue otherwise and say it can't be a hoax because this "art project" was going on for 4 years and Joaquin Phoenix wouldn't possibly turn down A-list movies to do this art project. Plus, Affleck took a lot of heat for making Phoenix look like a pathetic fool so the non-believers are saying that the two are now calling it a hoax to save face.
 
Yea, I didn't want to say too much before, but since someone already outed it, I remember watching an interview with Casey during the time they were still making it when he said it was a put-on. Phoenix never said anything about it at that time because he was still in character, and nobody knew who Casey was back then, except he was Bennifer's brother and Phoenix's brother-in-law.

Then, I think it is somewhere in the film, they were interviewing Casey again about trolling all the 'entertainment' media and he said something like, "In all fairness, I told you guys about this 10 months ago."
 
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGFDWTC8B8g]'Jason Becker: Not Dead Yet' [Film Trailer] - YouTube[/ame]
 
my internet is screwing me, unable to watch :( f@@k you internet you are always like this whenever i go for streaming :angryfire: