My 10-year IM Anniversary

mont7071

WF Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
1,036
112
0
Portland, OR USA
Just looked at my whois records, and realized that today marks my 10th anniversary of registering my first domain name and becoming self-employed in the IM world.

Seems like just yesterday I was still trying to figure out frames and cell-padding in FrontPage 97, and "investing" my student loan money into ads on Goto.com ;)

cake-to-celebrate-10-years-th.png
 


Just looked at my whois records, and realized that today marks my 10th anniversary of registering my first domain name and becoming self-employed in the IM world.

Seems like just yesterday I was still trying to figure out frames and cell-padding in FrontPage 97, and "investing" my student loan money into ads on Goto.com ;)

cake-to-celebrate-10-years-th.png

Grats ! What are you doing for your IM birthday ?
 
Grats ! What are you doing for your IM birthday ?

Thanks man. Since I just realized it about an hour ago, I'll probably leave my office early for a change, and hit up the local brewer's festival, then take the girl out for steak and a nice bottle of wine.
 
Yep, I was a University student at the time; by the time I graduated IM was going so well that I never went back to W-2 employment.

not bad, for me it was 4 years of messing with IM on and off. Wonder what it was for others.

Congratulations!
 
Nice, 10 years is a really long time on the Internet. I think Google is not much older than that.

Do you do mostly paid ads, seo, or what?
 
Nice, 10 years is a really long time on the Internet. I think Google is not much older than that.

Do you do mostly paid ads, seo, or what?

^all of the above, I've always found a synergy between having both aspects of traffic generation, though ppc is what really got my game off the ground originally, before I had any traction on the seo side.
 
That's a pretty cool milestone, congrats. Was this mostly affiliate marketing, consulting, selling your own product, something else?
 
That's a pretty cool milestone, congrats. Was this mostly affiliate marketing, consulting, selling your own product, something else?

started as an affiliate, then went to selling my own products as a merchant with my own aff program, on the other side of the affiliate relationship. Still do a fair amount of affiliate marketing for other company's products, but only a small bit of consulting.