My dad wants to make internet monies...



OP: I think you should do whatever you can to make him a success. Nobody wants to see their folks hard up for money, and if he's doing well you're doing well. He may have lost money in the stock market over the past few years, and wants to make that back somehow.

The suggestion to set him up with a blog is a good way to get him started. You might also give him small tasks to help you out, making him your apprentice. It'll give you to chance to see if he has the aptitude and attention span for this work.
 
Set up a blog around something he enjoys doing, a hobby or something, something he knows a lot about. Get him to make a bunch of posts and stuff. You can add him an aweber opt in, and then just target real tight on FB, related to w/e it is hes blogging about.

That will get a nice little list, he can then build out hs own products and sell them, once he gets a little taste he'll learn on his own.

wont take much of your time at all really, its all pretty basic stuff
 
Wait when is this starting and where is the thread?

Which 30 Days challenge? I think I have someone who could use it, if it's what i think it is

He's taliking about Dashboard Thirty Day Challenge . To be honest, for a complete and total n00b it's not a bad place to start. Simple to understand and lost of support in the forums. Alot of people hate on Ed Dale and Dan Raine, but you know the saying.............

If he's at all interested it will peak his interest and make him seek more advanced info.
 
Every time someone asks me to do something like it, I give them a fairly simple task that they should be able to figure out by them self like set up a blog about a topic they like.

I offer help if they have questions but that is all the input I provide.

No one so far has done it. It's a great way of figuring out if a person is worth giving advice. If they are to lazy to do the simple task, there's no way they'll succeed anyways.
 
I'd atleast try to help your old man. I mean, unless he was a shitty abusive father, I think you atleast owe it to him to try to help him out.

Also, yea, do what swissguy says. Make him install wordpress or something.

Say, here is cpanel, you need to install it. Have any questions? Use google and youtube.

Thats a great way to measure if they'll actually have a chance. I know when I started on my first site, I knew piss all, like absolute shit. It took me like 3 hours to install wordpress. I had no idea I could install a script in like five seconds using fantastico or softaculous. With hardcore googling and youtubin, with occassional pornhubin I figured my shit out.
 
Every time someone asks me to do something like it, I give them a fairly simple task that they should be able to figure out by them self like set up a blog about a topic they like.

I offer help if they have questions but that is all the input I provide.

No one so far has done it. It's a great way of figuring out if a person is worth giving advice. If they are to lazy to do the simple task, there's no way they'll succeed anyways.

Yup, I do something similar. I tell them to get and read HTML for Dummies and then make a small website about something they find interesting. I don't think anyone has ever even got past the "buy book" part of it.

Just tell them it's like brain surgery - you can't simply read a book a how to do it and start operating; you need to learn all the skills and steps that build on each other that will eventually teach you how to do it.
 
I teached my dad how to blog for stacks of cash and now hes ballin outta control

randoms258.jpg
 
Hello friend,

Maybe you should just give father some internet money you make.

A good part of be rich is can share joy money bring with others.

Good luck bro
 
If he can write, tell him to do content writing. That's an easy $10-$20 an hr even if you can't type that fast. Unless he sucks at writing then it's more like $8-12 an hr, but whatever, still nice.
 
My dad is 73yo and he wanted to do the same thing. I used to tell him that it would be too hard to teach him coz he doesn't have the experience etc. He seeked help elsewhere and began signing up on Guru's ebook + coaching, now he ends up operating some kind of ebay businesses, making low $x,xxx a month, not bad at all, considering that he's VERY illiterate with computer.

If you are too lazy to teach him, just sign him up in a coaching program. He'll figure out his way from there.
 
I'd atleast try to help your old man. I mean, unless he was a shitty abusive father, I think you atleast owe it to him to try to help him out.

This. Don't be an ungrateful lil prick. Give him a high level explanation of PPC and SEO and if he has interest then go from there.