My Fucking Employer Snooping On Me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys. A couple of things -

1. No, I don't surf porn at work. Never said that anywhere in my posts! I am concerned with my online privacy - on and off work - as this is the same laptop I use outside work also.

2. I use my own wireless network - although occasionally I had to log on to the company LAN to retrieve some files on the shared network folders.

3. I found out that my colleague's laptop screen caps were taken using VNC! How do I check if it is installed on my machine?

There's many versions of VNC, if the person that installed it is decent with PC's... you'll never know.

You can try this however...

1. Start > Run > cmd
2. netstat -n
3. check if there's a listening port on 5900, or 5800 (TCP)

It's the default ports for vnc.. this can be specified to any port but it would be the first thing to check..

The only 100% safe way if your not working for geniuses in IT is running a separate OS, either on a different partition or you can boot linux off a usb..
 


I know you don't watch porn at work but .... bring a porn magazine to work! Problem solved.
 
There's many versions of VNC, if the person that installed it is decent with PC's... you'll never know.

You can try this however...

1. Start > Run > cmd
2. netstat -n
3. check if there's a listening port on 5900, or 5800 (TCP)

It's the default ports for vnc.. this can be specified to any port but it would be the first thing to check..

The only 100% safe way if your not working for geniuses in IT is running a separate OS, either on a different partition or you can boot linux off a usb..

I agree...you don't want them to know you're killing their process. It's better not to touch it so they don't get suspicious.

Partition your hard drive and just boot up your alternate OS when you don't want to get monitored. Make the two partitions look identical in case they stop by - same wallpaper, some of the same programs, etc...

If you actually tried to kill their program, they would def get suspicious and focus on you even harder.
 
They could just be using something as simple as Microsoft SMS if you are logging on to a company domain. I could use the remote control funtion to watch any computer on the network with it at my last job. We were supposed to need a reason to remote in to other computers though. It was against company policy to login just to see what somebody was doing. All URLs visited on the company connection were logged too.
 
Man, I am so happy I could never stomach an office job. Never had to deal with these issues for more than about a month. that was all I could take.

For me it wasn't a porn or lack of privacy thing. My manhood was completely threated by the idea that I had to ask for permission to use the potty. Gods forbid you leave your slave station for five fucking minutes to go take a dump. Or ten minutes, if I had Indian food the night before.
 
i used to have this friend who worked at a graphic design place, they woudlnt give him internet access! oh the humanity
 
Hello friend,

Maybe good idea to work for company that make porn if want watch porn at work so much. If work for company make porn then no get in trouble when boss catch you watch porn.

Can say you are just analyze compeptitor to find advantage competitive.

Good luck bro
 
Status
Not open for further replies.