My laptop is feeling old :'(

MacBook Pro with Windows 7 (bootcamp).

I have had every type of PC laptop from cheap as chips to expensive as fuck and none of them compare to the build quality of the MacBook Pro (but fuck using their OS).

Mine is fully spec'd with 500 GB SSD and all the trimmings. Hands down the best computer I have ever had.
 


all the Acer haters can suck it. Mine has been going strong for 4 years and the only issue has been the power adapter which I've replaced twice at $8. I think I paid $300 at Walmart in 2008.
 
I've been looking hard at the Samsung 9 Series. I may bite the bullet and pick one up this weekend.

That Samsung looks like a nice small notebook if you don't mind the 1366x768 resolution with no option to upgrade as far as I can see.

Lenovos are nice if having the FN key where the CTRL key is normally at on a keyboard does not annoy you. I really hated it when I had a Lenovo for an old job and a personal Dell at home.
 
I have an Acer. I chose it specifically because it was the best price-to-specs ratio I could find at the time.

The computer itself is great - good speed, etc whatever you would look for.

My problem with it is that apparently Acer keyboards suck shit. The spacebar on the keyboard broke off within a couple months (it didn't just pop off - these little metal hoops which hold the spacebar on actually snapped off) and it's not like I'm some raging keyboard beater.

Just my two cents.
 
FPColorFlash.jpg
 
First of all IBM no longer makes laptops. They sold that part of their business to Lenovo.

I would consider anything in the business class. Consumer shit is shit. It will work for a year or two but the parts are designed to DIE sooner so you need to replace it. That's why they charge $400 - $600 for something that seems 'awesome' but really sux a cock.

I would go with a Dell XPS / Alienware, Toshiba (higher end) or Sony Vaio (higher end). Yes Dell has somehow acquired Alienware.

Here:

Alienware M18x Powerful 18-inch Gaming Laptop

13.1" Lightweight Performance Laptop | VAIO Signature Collection Z Series | VPCZ21TGX/X | Sony USA

Tecra R850-S8552 Laptop

15.1" / i7 / 16GB RAM / 1GB VIDEO

Sony is way over priced imho.