My Public Speaking (good/bad?)

bizousoft

ну Вовка
Mar 5, 2010
784
14
0
Canada
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpbEKMJQC0]YouTube - Outsourcing On Vworker[/ame]

Doing a presentation at Notman house in Montreal

So far people have said I speak too fast and the voice is too monotonous

Any feedback is welcome

P.S: Stupid iPhone focused on my hand when I was putting it in place so the whole thing is blurred
 


It is extremely ironic that I paused at 4:12 because your presentation says Don't Rush- Yet I feel the presentation itself is being rushed. I'd agree you do talk a little too fast.
 
Because you said it was in Montreal I'm going to assume you're native language is French. Too me, people with foreign language accents usually speak faster, so you're not speaking fast to me. Also with the same thing I don't find you monotonous because of your accent again. I did feel you rushed each slide/presentation, didn't give enough time to absorb and possibly give even more details. Another thing might help is make the slides more animated, for example when you had a checklist of local dev, cousin, you, indian, it went from all empty to all full. Fill each one at a time because it seemed as if once you went to the 2nd slide you really just wanted to skip all of them and go to the bottom one where the obvious answer is, where as if you displayed each one at a time it would slow you down more.
 
You're very fixed in your standing position, move around a bit. No need to stand right next to the wall.

You use the slides as your palm cards, which means you look at the slides too much. Glance at them when you forget where you should be, but otherwise don't rely on them so much.

Try to get some early audience participation so they don't zone out. Even if it's just "can I get a show of hands who has outsourced before?"
 
  • Like
Reactions: Versus
wow, really impressed by the advice here

feels like an online version of toast masters

thank you peeps
 
Keep yourself upright, speak slower, and give less information (in less words, not in content). I suggest a podium with printouts of what you're going to say.