My T.V. is F'd up..looking to get 50" LCD

I'd say OLED > LED LCD > LCD > Plasma
But OLEDs are fairly new and I don think you can get a 50' yet

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...oductId=8198552921665327724#additionalImage1"

An 11" Sony XEL-1 OLED TV will run you about 2 grands (when its out).

The XEL-2 is Sony's 21" OLED TV in the work thats supposed to have "Full HD", but I have no clue what the price of that will be, probably twice that of the 11" :D

Other than being yet even brighter with lower power consumption, the biggest benefit of OLED is being lighter and actually flexible (the two TVs above are supposed to be super thin).
 


I picked up a Vizio 55" LCD at Sam's club a few months ago for $1495. It was by far the least expensive in that size and it blew away the other brand names for quality. The picture is bright and clear. Even my brother in law, who has an electronics store and always buys the top of the line stuff was impressed with the quality.

edit: did a quick check and it looks like the price has dropped another hundred. 55" for $1398 at walmart.

I think Costco has it too and they extend the warranty to 2 years
 
Well I still haven't got a new T.V. yet. I've just been living with the stupid red bar for the past month. That being said, and after looking at a bunch of TV's, I'm going with a 46 inch Samsung LED. I checked it out at BestBuy and I can't believe the picture on this thing. It's absolutely insane. Found it online for $1479 with free shipping and no tax. Ends up being about $200 cheaper than BestBuy.

Samsung UN46B6000 46" LED 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV UN46B6000VFXZA