Need Desk recommendations!

ThatSwissIMGuy

New member
Jun 17, 2009
626
3
0
Well I'm redoing my work space on a budget so I need a cheap desk with enough room for 2 Laptops and an additional 23" monitor.

Has to be less then $150. Any ideas?

Self made would be okay too if someone has a good plan on how to build it (again, the cheaper the better, I'd much rather spend the cash on PPC then a desk)

I will most probably get one of these chairs with it:
Walmart.com: Leather Executive Chair: Furniture
Walmart.com: Bonded Leather Chair: Furniture

Thanks guys!
 


2X:

sawhorsestep4a.jpg


+1

birch_plywood.jpg


Done.
 
I checked that out and it's actually not much cheaper then just getting a cheapo desk.

The ones Big enough at Ikea are kinda pricey so far my best choice I think. Any specific tip?
 
If you're serious (I was just kidding)....

I can't see it costing more than $40-50 or so if you built the sawhorses yourself. 2x4s are cheap and a 4x8' piece of good quality thick plywood shouldn't be more than $30ish.
 
The girlfriend isn't too happy about folding table, I suggested that too.

Oh I forgot an important requirement:

Needs to be sturdy enough to support two people!
 
I think that's what I'll end up doing.

I'll get one of the bigger ones mostly because they are deeper too.

How sturyd are they? Can one "dance" on it?
 
Fuck cheap desks. I'm putting thousands of dollars of expensive computer equipment on it, the last thing I want is a cheap desk breaking and destroying my stuff. I wouldn't skimp on a desk, get something solid.