Need new Wireless Router any recommendations?

sasquatch

New member
May 14, 2007
267
1
0
I need to replace a wireless router. The kids are getting into more gaming so I am going to update to a faster wireless router for 4 pcs and and an Xbox connected also.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
 


I've always had great success with Linksys. I mean, I've still got the 54G, but it's still hanging strong. Even after I finished my basement it still works! You should have seen how much drywall dust was piled on the thing. Anyways, you should look into the Linksys N, I'm sure you wouldn't be sorry.
 
Linksys or any solid brand products,
Better with USB extension and supports Tomato
 
Linksys - WRT54GL - says linux on the box

Put tomato firmware on it.

My uptime is 81 days and counting... since I first plugged it in.

It's rock solid. I bought it after my WRT54G started crapping the fuck out. Cisco bought linksys and fucked with the wrt54g people complained and out came the amazing WRT54GL.

Starts at $58 it looks like, but its only G-wireless if that's important to you.

I have three desktops, laptop, and 360(broken now) on it and all worked flawlessly.

Tomato firmware rocks too.

TONS of cool features that become available.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvmPHtHd0EI"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]


From tomato: "It features a new easy to use GUI, a new bandwidth usage monitor, more advanced QOS (quality of service) and access restrictions, enables new wireless features such as WDS and wireless client modes, raises the limits on maximum connections for P2P, allows you to run your custom scripts or telnet/ssh in and do all sorts of things like re-program the SES/AOSS button, adds wireless site survey to see your wifi neighbors, and more." and IT"S FREE.
 
I've had the D-Link DIR-655 for over a year now and it's the first router I've never had any issues with. It's pretty simple to setup too.
 
Lots of people love their Linksys crap but I've never had one that worked very well (with DD-WRT). For some reason my Netgears always seem to work better.