No Surprise - Conservatives Are The Leading Ideological Group In America

By my reasoning there needs to be at least 4 major political parties in the US.

What, exactly, is "conservative"? I have known a few gay-as-they come men who are 100% financial conservatives.

And I have known some exceedingly traditional men who are financial liberals.

The grid should have 4 sectors (minimum): Socially liberal, socially conservative, financially liberal, financially conservative.

I personally am socially liberal and financially conservative. I don't care what people do as long as they aren't hurting each other. And in general I am in favor of universal health care, etc, as long as we can pay for it.

Those positions don't seem too extreme to me - but try to find a party that will back them....

Libertarians
 


Would this be a bad time to suggest dismantling the entire central state and shifting to an ancap system?

Fed? Gone.

FDA? Gone.

IRS? Gone.

Dept. of Ed? Gone.

DHS? Gone.

TSA? Gone.

...etc.

Remove power over others' private property and contract rights from voters and politicians. Until that happens, society will become increasingly polarized. Collectivism will take deeper root. There are many examples that show what happens down that road.
 
hellblazer are you actually involved in affiliate marketing? Can you point to one single instance on this message board where you have ever helped another member with anything AM related?
 
Ron Motherbitchin Paul. Only good candidate in 2008, and now he's started a real movement.

Amen for getting rid of the Repubocrats one party system we got going on right now. But realistically it won't happen...people are just too scared to change.
 
Dig up Ronald Reagan from his coffin, and throw him up there. PLEASE.

I try to avoid celebrity (it's always a rabbit hole) and instead, focus on issues. That said...

Reagan was a statist in the WH, though he once had strong libertarian leanings (many years before making a bid). Lots of folks like him, but he didn't do much to get rid of the bloat. In fact, the bloat grew on his watch. Federal spending grew, taxes (not just income, but gas, social security, etc.) increased, and his dismantling of regulations was offset by new regulations that he pushed.

What's more, the number of people on the federal leviathan's payroll grew by hundreds of thousands. Finally, he appointed Greenspan (another dude who once had libertarian leanings) as head of the Fed.

Reagan ain't no hero. He talked a good game, though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: guerilla
I didn't read any of Hellblazer's post, but moderates tend to share opinions with liberals and most people are afraid to use the liberal label.

These polls are useless. You need to ask people individual questions about issues.....you'll get liberal answers....even if they don't label themselves liberal.

Read some Eric Alterman.....
 
Amen for getting rid of the Repubocrats one party system we got going on right now. But realistically it won't happen...people are just too scared to change.

Which is why we have to change them internally. Rand Paul and Peter Schiff are on that train
 
But where do they fit on the Gallup poll? I'd be interested to see a poll where people were put on a true scale (where a differing social + financial leaning would be), and that data was correlated with the way that they voted. I'm pretty much financially moderate to conservative, but socially liberal - But I'm smart enough to know that a vote for a libertarian candidate in a real election is pretty much futile (and the libertarian vote % unfortunately shows that).

What people identify with doesn't really matter in this country anymore - It's all how they vote.
 
Declaring people less moderate is meaningless. People like change when shit goes wrong. In the last years shit has gone wrong.
 
That's the left's way of hiding their true colors.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

Then they're a duck/liberal, exactly. (they're quacking like ducks (liberals) when you poll them on an issue by issue basis...)

Most people are scared of the term though, hence they shy away from it.

You seem to accept that there are progressives that don't want to associate themselves with the term liberal, you're admitting to this.

You're saying that there's a bunch of progressives out there "hiding their true colors", liberalism. Thanks.
 
Where are all these conservatives? Does that mean "conservative" as in Neo-Con? Is it only about military adventurism or being socially uptight or what? Because it doesn't seem like there are very many conservatives of the traditional small government variety, especially not of the "old right." And there are very few conservatives in the GOP.

Personally I am a libertarian. people who don't "get it" would consider me far-left or far-right depending on their biases and the specific issue. I would say libertarianism as I know it is either the rational center or the true liberalism. That said, i recognize some libertarian beliefs would be considered "conservative" in the general sense of the term. This is where I wonder where these conservatives are.. When a libertarian holds a principled view that is considered "conservative" I rarely see any conservatives ( and certainly not Republicans) taking the rational side. it's usually libertarians versus the other 99% of people. Same goes for "liberal" issues as well. Seems like only libertarians are actually conservative or liberal on any issues that requires a principled stance. Then you have 99% of Repubs/Dems/"liberals"/"conservatives agreeing 99% of the time while only fighting over nuances.

I think it's funny how people are scared of the "liberal" label. As a libertarian I consider myself an actual liberal and have no problem with it.
 
You can cry sheeple and ignorance all you want but if you think Americas enemies are liberals or conservatives, republicans or democrats you are the real sheeple.

Someone has to be blamed for the America's problems. Why not blame the other half of the country? Pin Americans against Americans. I can't believe how many intelligent people fall for such a stupid fuckin trick.


The problem is the state, not the people. And statists do a good job of pitting the American people against each other while the state grows and state agents act with impunity.
 
But where do they fit on the Gallup poll? I'd be interested to see a poll where people were put on a true scale (where a differing social + financial leaning would be), and that data was correlated with the way that they voted. I'm pretty much financially moderate to conservative, but socially liberal - But I'm smart enough to know that a vote for a libertarian candidate in a real election is pretty much futile (and the libertarian vote % unfortunately shows that).

What people identify with doesn't really matter in this country anymore - It's all how they vote.

They fit nowhere on it, because Gallup and other pollsters love to perpetuate polarizing bullshit