Non-web-based proxies?

roman8389

Banned
Oct 9, 2009
189
1
0
I'm home for the holidays, but will be heading back to college in a couple weeks. I need some proxy service/software/whatever that doesn't require you to go to a site to use it, because the filter is very good and blocks every proxy site I've tried to get to. Does such a thing exist?

Pointless to put this disclaimer, but I need proxies for marketing purposes only, nothing else.
 


wow, do you go to bob jones university or something? what kind of real college has a big filter like that
 
no way mang. doesn't exist. every proxy comes attached to a website with a frontend like myspace proxy or youtube proxy.
 
Get a shell account. Use putty. Setup tunnel. Finished.

Or if you're on a mac, simply.

ssh username@domain.com -D 9999

then in networks setting, set your SOCKs proxy to 127.0.0.1 port 9999, you'll then be browsing the web thru the VPS or dedicated server (or whatever you got your shell account on).

puTTY on windows is similar, except you need to make sure to go down to SSH , then Tunnel, and set the to be forwarded to the remote host.

Just keep in mind that while you are browsing, you will be using bandwidth on your server.
 
wow, do you go to bob jones university or something? what kind of real college has a big filter like that

No, but a very similar college. There are ups and downs to having as good a filter as it has.

Thanks for the couple of (legit) resources. I prefer free solutions but I don't think such a thing would exist at no cost.