Office Chairs For Lower Back Pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you go wrong with the HM Aeron. The only downfall is the price, but other than that it is very comfortable and comes with a 12 yr warranty so I mean when you think about it in that time you would normally go through a few chairs that are 200-300 each so you mine as well just invest in the best chair and it will last and probably come out to roughly the same cost.
 


Define lower back pain - is it more in your back or more in your ass?

I am recovering from a bruised tailbone. That takes forever to heal - like 1-2 years.

I'll add two things are very important for back pain + chairs. First, if a chair is uneven - just scrap it. You will severely damage your back over time if you are tilting one way or the other.

Second - one option is to get rid of the chair and get an oversized exercise ball to sit on. It will force you to burn calories throughout the day and help tone your core muscles slightly.

Lower back pain lol... like pain in my lower back, stiffness etc.. my chiropractor recommended a kneeling chair, but i cant see that being comfy at 30min
 
get the workout ball- you know the one you should be doing abs on? Get that and sit with good posture. Then, workout your core (abs). A lot of back pain is due to a weak core and weak abs. Also, stretch your hip flexors and hamstrings. There's more to it than just a chair.
 
I think I'm gonna go for the Aeron, can't really justify thecosts for an Embody although it's really nice lookin :)
 
What do you think? Sleep and make some dough in between your naps?

surf-chair.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.