Oh btw, Google already has strong AI



The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.
 
get-to-the-choppa.jpg
 
Here's a statement made by Sergey Bin as quoted in The Google Story:

"Why not improve the brain? You would want a lot of compute power. Perhaps in the future, we can attach a little version of Google that you just plug into your brain. We'll have to develop stylish versions, but then you'd have all of the world's knowledge immediately available, which is pretty exciting."
 
morons.

date on the article, morons. March 31st, 2009 11:59:59 pm

there's only one strongly functioning AI outside govt labs at present, and it's restricted to doing nothing more complicated than rewriting articles. If it ever got 'out', we're all so fucked you wouldn't believe it. I don't know actually why they aren't forced to treat it like some kind of super plague toxin.
 
morons.

date on the article, morons. March 31st, 2009 11:59:59 pm

there's only one strongly functioning AI outside govt labs at present, and it's restricted to doing nothing more complicated than rewriting articles. If it ever got 'out', we're all so fucked you wouldn't believe it. I don't know actually why they aren't forced to treat it like some kind of super plague toxin.

Moron, we already knew it was an April Fool's joke.

But yeah, I've heard of that AI you're talking about that writes "books" on demand. Like very specific information though that only a few people would find any value in (financial institutions, etc, very esoteric information) . I hardly think it's anything like a "plague toxin". Lulz.

Anyway, CADIE was a joke, but you should find my post where Google is working on quantum machine learning.
 
Moron, we already knew it was an April Fool's joke.

But yeah, I've heard of that AI you're talking about that writes "books" on demand. Like very specific information though that only a few people would find any value in (financial institutions, etc, very esoteric information) . I hardly think it's anything like a "plague toxin". Lulz.

Anyway, CADIE was a joke, but you should find my post where Google is working on quantum machine learning.

moron, I already knew you knew it was an April Fool's joke. And I'm not talking about the stoopid financial bollock software you refer to. It's a gen purpose system that uses a brute force technique and rather a lot of hardware. And if you can't find it with THAT little clue, it's smarter than YOU are.
 
morons.

date on the article, morons. March 31st, 2009 11:59:59 pm

there's only one strongly functioning AI outside govt labs at present, and it's restricted to doing nothing more complicated than rewriting articles. If it ever got 'out', we're all so fucked you wouldn't believe it. I don't know actually why they aren't forced to treat it like some kind of super plague toxin.
You mean Demand Media? :P