C'mon man.. it's google.. how big do you think their db has to be to index the web pages they do?...
Now imagine what that DB is going to look like, and how big it is going to be.
OP, you're saying if I build links to my competitor's website, and mail those links to a Gmail account, his site would get nuked?
I think it's not a bad idea to have spamming reports stored on Gmail servers.
I replace the URLs of all my reports with the comeptitor's url and store them on google docs with public share. Hehehehehahaha.. I can haz all my combittitors
I think they are in business to make money... So regardless if they are able to do it or not, my point is it wouldn't be PROFITABLE for them to try.C'mon man.. it's google.. how big do you think their db has to be to index the web pages they do?
Do you really think they don't have the resources to do it?
Well It's a pretty simple issue though; there isn't room for a lot of search criteria, or they'd have to do a full query again. This just can't happen, dude.In terms of me thinking of a search phrase for a footprint... I can't think how to index however many billions of sites they do... but they can... they are smarter than me..
Size of targets isn't what complicates their search... It's size of people who mail similar data to the data they are looking for that counts.how many spammers do you think there are?
100,000...
1,000,000...
-That wasn't an idea as much as it was a point. (And clyde made it first.) Both were correct.:thumbsup: good idea...
Why the hell is everybody jumping on the "oh but what makes you special, Google doesn't care about your pathetic site", bandwagon? Are you fucking thick? Of course they don't care about any of our stupid fucking sites, but they don't care about them when they penalize them in the SERPS for all kinds of other reasons either, most of which you don't even fucking know about. It hasn't got ANYTHING to do with them caring about a sock drawer MFA. It's about them seeing a pattern and being able to influence their algo in one swoop of code. And it is definitely possible they could be influencing their algo with data from gmail. If they know how to find spam reports in a simple, mass way (and they ARE smarter than you) then they'll do it.
lukep is the only one who's made a sensible argument for why they might not do it, and to that I don't know the answer.
I can't think of any surefire footprints... Can you?
You can use hotmail/AOL or whatever mail you have. At the end of the day, you can never hide your link profile as long as you are building links period.
Hello business partner, I've e-mailed you a list of ALL OF OUR BUSINESS DOMAINS.
WTF this thread is just fucking retarded.