Payment Processing For Local SEO

Fiver

New member
Jan 30, 2009
2,011
12
0
I'm opening up a local SEO site and was wondering what others on here are doing for payment processing as I have no experience at all with this stuff.

1. What payment methods are you accepting?

2. How do you implement auto monthly billing using CCs, Paypal, etc if it's not done through a cart on your site?
 


I don't take cards, so can't talk about processing in that regard.

Since freshbooks came up, if you setup paypal, you can select "business payments" and ONLY take eChecks through paypal BUT the fee is only $.50.

If you're charging a few grand plus at a time, this adds up.
 
If you have a smartphone, there's an app called "square" that gives you a free card swiper that connects to your phone to take card payments. The customer signs the screen and you can send them a receipt via text or email
There's no merchant account needed or any gateway fees, just 2.75% per transaction and it goes to your regular checking account
Works well if you are out visiting customers at their place of business
Only thing is, I don't think there is a recurring payment option, but you could call and ask
 
If you work with a network you will be on monthly payments but sometimes you can work up to bi-monthlies and even weekslies by filling out a W-9 and using your regular CC
 
If you have a smartphone, there's an app called "square" that gives you a free card swiper that connects to your phone to take card payments. The customer signs the screen and you can send them a receipt via text or email
There's no merchant account needed or any gateway fees, just 2.75% per transaction and it goes to your regular checking account
Works well if you are out visiting customers at their place of business
Only thing is, I don't think there is a recurring payment option, but you could call and ask

Very solid service but no recurring billing feature
 
talk to Chase. They have some really awesome payment processing options if you have a business account with them. And pretty easy to get into.
 
I use a monthly sliding scale with my clients so I send out invoices... and get checks. So 1990's - but it works for me.