I got this news today that Obama will create more jobs by 2010. Well, lets hope that USA does better under Obama government. Or else, I will have to re-plan all my investments....!!
Obama cannot create any jobs. He has to take resources out of the private sector (costing jobs the market wants to create) to create government jobs (the market clearly does not want to create). This is just more intervention and unbalancing of the economy.I got this news today that Obama will create more jobs by 2010.
This enabled Schiff to predict the dot com bust, and the housing bust. If you have read Schiff's Crash Proof 1, you would know with what uncanny accuracy he predicted exactly what would happen in housing, and with Gold, and with the government response.
So to say he was right 1 year out of 50 is terribly misguided and blatantly untrue. The reason why he preaches doom, is because doom is on the long term horizon. It's no secret the global monetary system is unstable and flawed. Only a fool would claim otherwise.
You might not like Schiff's pessimism porn (look at marketers moan about marketing tactics) but the fundamental economic concepts behind Schiff's claims are sound.
I'd like to know if they're putting their money (if they have any) where their mouth is and are going 90% gold in investments or something.
Simple minds assume everything is linear. That gold will go up without making any small corrections. Gold is in a bull run even when it makes corrections. The run will likely continue. And there will be more minor corrections which are buying opportunities.I used to follow Schiffs vlog and found it interesting. I have not read his book, but I might. But if memory serves he got a few things wrong during this whole thing. Right now he looks to be the victor but when the crash actually happened I am pretty sure he did not expect gold to plummet as hard as it did. He was sweating bullets when that happened. His customers were pissed and losing their ass.
Do the hard times cause paranoia or do the hard times cause real assets to appreciate? As far as the rear view mirror, history and reason are on Schiff's side. Don't forget, he has heavy hitters like Jim Rogers and Marc Faber who basically agree with his premise about the long term health of the dollar.And now you can look at the price of gold and say he was right. But maybe in a year or 2 we'll look back again and say he was wrong. Just like the paranoia that sparked the last gold rush in the 80's. During hard economic times, paranoia, and extreme fear people run to gold. After the fear subsides gold goes way down again.
See above. You don't know what you're talking about.I'll just say one more thing. You guys are affiliate marketers and you're not more skeptical of these gold-pushers??? Seriously? I think of all the people trying to push gold on me and I think of how each one gets a cut of the action.
Why you keep conflating Schiff with Jones is ridiculous. Of course people promote their business so they can get a profit. Ultimately, Schiff has delivered for his investors for over a decade which is why he is so successful.Peter Schiff, Alex Jones and even Glen Beck push gold on me and they actually get a profit from the transaction! You can't see that they're affiliate marketers? You can't see that they might profit from the fear and paranoia that they themselves spread?
You should be afraid of people selling you on something without a profit. It means they have no incentive to give you value and no feedback if the information they provide is worthless.If I see that someone will profit off of something they want me to believe then I'm usually 100x more skeptical - that's just how it is.
I got this news today that Obama will create more jobs by 2010. Well, lets hope that USA does better under Obama government. Or else, I will have to re-plan all my investments....!!
If he's so sure about the dollar's demise... then why does he have issue with the cash for clunkers program? I mean if there were to be hyperinflation, prices for goods and services would skyrocket making a car payment amount about the same as the price of a cheeseburger (in very vague theory).
People that hold mostly currency would take the biggest hit, and everything else would have to adjust very quickly. It's happened before in other economies like in mexico around 1986, the currency lost 50% of it's value overnight. people with diversified assets weathered it best.
Investing in gold, land and other tangible assets that can adjust their prices after a hyperinflation would be the smart move. but last I checked, car loans don't have a hyperinflation clause.
No offense, but american cars are shit.
Doom preachers are usually wrong (Peter Schiff, Alex Jones). But if they preach doom for their whole lives chances are they'll be right 1 year out of 50 just out of chance.