Phone security... encryption, tracking, remote wipe, backups, etc.

CLKeenan

Banned
Jun 24, 2006
2,506
14
0
Boston, MA
So after I lost phone and then learning that I wasn't going to get it back (geo-tracking showed it changing location as well as charging the battery), I'm looking to set up a good system for the future to plan for the worst.

Few questions;
-There are a ton of remote tracking Android apps out there, does anyone have a recommendation? Remote wipe would be good option to have as well.
-Same goes for backup apps, any recommendations for one that backs up everything on a schedule to preferably both a microSD and an online location? Online is a necessity considering if you lose your phone, your microSD backup is useless.
-Do you encrypt your phone's internal storage? What about external storage? Have you noticed any decease in battery life or performance after doing so? Any other issues? What about if your phone is rooted?

Thanks for the advice in advance
-Chris