Politely Requesting South Park Help

In case you weren't planning to, you should watch all episodes yourself before showing them to the students. I agree with the first user that suggested "Sarcastaball", it's a great episode in terms of satire, but it's not the most appropriate episode for school (you be the judge of that since you know your students better than I do).

Here's a few more satire-filled episodes for you:
"Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" makes fun of the 9/11 conspiracy theories.
"Insheeption" makes fun of the movie Inception
"A History Channel Thanksgiving" makes fun of ... the History Channel.

I'd like to suggest that you show a bunch of short clips that depict satire well, instead of whole episodes. For example, in "Le Petit Tourette", they do a great job of mimicking the way Chris Hansen behaves and talks. However, he is not a major part of the episode.
 


As many of you know I teach high school English as my not-so-secret other career. After Christmas we're moving into satire, specifically the British satire of the 17th century.

But outside of history, I'm thinking about including a South Park clip to relate to modern satire. I'm going to pull something from The Onion most likely, too, but there is so much South Park out there now I thought I'd get some help if you're willing.

While you're waiting for the world to blow up, do you have any suggestions for relevant South Park episodes that are not over-the-top offensive? I do have "at-risk" seniors to work with, so they can handle a lot, but I don't want to lose my job over a good lesson.

I'd rather not have anything overtly sexual or profane, just witty and clever. I just need one that is obvious enough to see the parody and satire. If the episode happens to be government related, even better!

Thanks in advance for any episode suggestions you might have!

Not South Park, and I have no idea if it 'translates' to the US humour-wise, but we used to watch Blackadder sometimes in history lessons at school. Blackadder II is set in the Elizabethan era, and Blackadder the Third is set in the late 18th Century
 
In case you weren't planning to, you should watch all episodes yourself before showing them to the students. I agree with the first user that suggested "Sarcastaball", it's a great episode in terms of satire, but it's not the most appropriate episode for school (you be the judge of that since you know your students better than I do).

I absolutely plan to watch the episodes before using them and will probably use clips for both time and perspective purposes. Asking here just gives me a good starting place for watching, and I appreciate the help!

Not South Park, and I have no idea if it 'translates' to the US humour-wise, but we used to watch Blackadder sometimes in history lessons at school. Blackadder II is set in the Elizabethan era, and Blackadder the Third is set in the late 18th Century

English IV is British Lit, so going beyond US humor is perfect for us - greater perspective, etc. I'll have to check Blackadder out - it sure is nice to work in a global community! LOL