POST #800! How to be Souptastic

Soupyone

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
1,207
47
0
Les Etats Unis
I could post pictures of breasts or some sort of fancy car & bling, but instead I want to leave the younger guys with some pieces of advice. Things that it took me years of being stubborn to finally abhor and actually understand.

1. WORK HARD ALL THE TIME. Especially when you just had a big financial victory. Momentum is crucial, keep it going for as long as possible. The best time to go harder is when things start going your way. Don't stop to celebrate.

2. SAVE YOUR MONEY. Don't start spending more simply because you're making more, unless it's on your business. Always live below your means and you'll never have to cut back and blame economic forces for your losses.

3. GIVE THANKS TO SOMETHING GREATER THAN YOU. I know it's cool to be atheist here, but here's a thought: In "Lord of War" there was a Jewish convert who made a statement about his Kippah, he said he likes to wear it because it reminds him that there's something greater than him. Don't let hubris consume you.

4. Treat EVERYONE the way you want to be treated, but don't expect to be treated how you want to be treated. It's best to try and be the better person. If someone's unpleasant just leave them with a smile. Life's easier that way.

5. Don't be quick to fall in love, but when you do embrace it. Fall in love with everything, including their quirks. As Natasha Bedingfield once said "Freckles are what make us who we are." Learn to respect those you're attracted to. They're not simply pieces of meat to be paraded for your amusement.

6. ALWAYS BE THANKFUL. You're not entitled to anything in life. Any "inalienable rights" you think you have are technically a privilege in one form or another. Always be thankful, unless you're dead you shouldn't be complaining.

7. TRY TO ALWAYS BE THAT GUY. Everyone knows at least one guy that they know works harder than anyone else. BE THAT GUY.

8. IF YOU HAVE FAMILY TO ENJOY, TRY AND ENJOY THEM. Enough said.

and the last one...

9. STRIVE TO KEEP YOURSELF UNCOMFORTABLE. The more you strive outside your comfort-zone, the less you allow external life forces to do it for you.

It's 5:35am, I gotta get back to work.

Bon Courage
 
  • Like
Reactions: wiredniko


I could post pictures of breasts or some sort of fancy car & bling, but instead I want to leave the younger guys with some pieces of advice. Things that it took me years of being stubborn to finally abhor and actually understand.

1. WORK HARD ALL THE TIME. Especially when you just had a big financial victory. Momentum is crucial, keep it going for as long as possible. The best time to go harder is when things start going your way. Don't stop to celebrate.

2. SAVE YOUR MONEY. Don't start spending more simply because you're making more, unless it's on your business. Always live below your means and you'll never have to cut back and blame economic forces for your losses.

3. GIVE THANKS TO SOMETHING GREATER THAN YOU. I know it's cool to be atheist here, but here's a thought: In "Lord of War" there was a Jewish convert who made a statement about his Kippah, he said he likes to wear it because it reminds him that there's something greater than him. Don't let hubris consume you.

4. Treat EVERYONE the way you want to be treated, but don't expect to be treated how you want to be treated. It's best to try and be the better person. If someone's unpleasant just leave them with a smile. Life's easier that way.

5. Don't be quick to fall in love, but when you do embrace it. Fall in love with everything, including their quirks. As Natasha Bedingfield once said "Freckles are what make us who we are." Learn to respect those you're attracted to. They're not simply pieces of meat to be paraded for your amusement.

6. ALWAYS BE THANKFUL. You're not entitled to anything in life. Any "inalienable rights" you think you have are technically a privilege in one form or another. Always be thankful, unless you're dead you shouldn't be complaining.

7. TRY TO ALWAYS BE THAT GUY. Everyone knows at least one guy that they know works harder than anyone else. BE THAT GUY.

8. IF YOU HAVE FAMILY TO ENJOY, TRY AND ENJOY THEM. Enough said.

and the last one...

9. STRIVE TO KEEP YOURSELF UNCOMFORTABLE. The more you strive outside your comfort-zone, the less you allow external life forces to do it for you.

It's 5:35am, I gotta get back to work.

Bon Courage

10. Don't post to the world how you're going to do a 10-day challenge, then let it blow over and not do anything.

Here's the 10 Day Challenge, PART DUEX
I'm going to start on midnight 9/17/2010 EST and go from zero to hero without cold calling and just like before without leaving the house.

Your last post said something like "I'm way too busy to even begin this now" after you got a lot of people, esp. noobs, excited to see your progress.

-rep plus my respect.

Think before you post this BS next time.
 
10. Don't post to the world how you're going to do a 10-day challenge, then let it blow over and not do anything.



Your last post said something like "I'm way too busy to even begin this now" after you got a lot of people, esp. noobs, excited to see your progress.

-rep plus my respect.

Think before you post this BS next time.

Darn, I had to stop something that I volunteered to do without recourse in order to set up the biggest deal of the year.

Now I lost your respect? Well, sorry to hear that you're upset but forgive me if I'm not as concerned about what you think of me as you are.
 
You're not entitled to anything in life.

Not sure Id agree with this. I think we make our own entitlements. Nonetheless, the others are well worth the game.
 
Number 3...

ehh... I'll just thank Science and the Billions of people who have gone before us. That should work.

::emp::