Read this BEFORE you play Poker Online

Heh, funny how you should mention this.

Moving to my friend's house in a week, who's a pro.

I guess you can call him that? He plays 1/2, 9 multi-table for a living.

Going to learn from him :D
 


Passport and bank statement? You got off easy, I had to send urine and blood specimens and drop a load into a Fed Ex envelope.
 
Heh, funny how you should mention this.

Moving to my friend's house in a week, who's a pro.

I guess you can call him that? He plays 1/2, 9 multi-table for a living.

Going to learn from him :D

If you're 9 tabling 1/2 then you're a pro in my book. Cash is definitely the Achilles heel in my current poker game :P. Ask him what he thinks about paired boards, I personally believe it's a big "meta-game" aspect in online poker right now. I'm sure he has 3-bet a paired board with air vs. a reg before.
 
Online poker? It's very difficult to teach this because you can't see your opponent's faces.

Nobody can see their opponents faces though. Furthermore, if you were to teach poker to someone in person then reading people isn't something you can easily teach either, hehe.

It's pretty damn hard to make money playing online poker, but once you crack it you can consistently make 10-30% ROI playing SNG's and tournaments. Don't know anything cash games so perhaps you can make more doing that.
 
I have a friend who plays online professionally, he's U.S. based but he's making 70k+ yearly (has been consistantly for a couple years) just from playing at home.

I haven't picked his brain as to strategy, online gambling is too shady for me. I was playing a fair amount when all the shit hit the fan and my money got tied up in net teller for like 4-5 months.
 
Just got back from my friend's house today (The "pro guy")

He plays 9 tables, 0.50/1 NL. Looks like he's averaging around $30-60 per hour (plus rake back) sitting in his underwear playing poker.

Not bad for a 22 years old.