Recommended services for 1-800 number, fax to email?

duffyweb

New member
Mar 25, 2009
122
4
0
I'm looking to set up a 1-800 number for a company I'm starting though I'm not completely knowledgeable about the options available.

I'd like the ability to have calls forwarded to my cellphone and also to have voicemails sent to my email box in .wav or .mp3 format.

I'm also interested in having a fax number that will deliver faxes to my email in PDF format.

What other cool shit like this should I know about?

Thanks for your help.
 


I can hook you up with a company that provides 800#'s as well as low-cost asterisk installations (your own phone menu, like the pro's) including voicemail auto-emailed as an mp3 and a ton of other awesome features. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you their contacts.
 
for digital fax service, I use Vitelity.net Good reliable service, and great prices. I also use them for my company SIP trunking (voip phone lines)
 
Not really a call forwarding company but could be useful for you. Ribbitmobile.com is in free beta (for about a year now so dont know for how long but anyways) every voice mail you receive is automatically transcribed and sent to your email AND via text message. I don't know how the hell they do it but their transcripts are sent seconds after the call and are top notch, in both english and spanish. It's awesome not having to check out your actual voice messages and simply see it in text.

Re forwarding - I used tollfreeforwading.com because they are the only ones that had my local area code (Puerto Rico) but they dont have any fax features and stuff. BTW, if I may. If you are doing business locally, I would suggest finding a local number out there. Not a 1800, unless maybe it's a vanity one for your biz. Making people know they are calling a "John" or "Mike, instead of a random operator easens them up a bit and increases conversions.

Anyways, good luck there.

Fran
 
Not really a call forwarding company but could be useful for you. Ribbitmobile.com is in free beta (for about a year now so dont know for how long but anyways) every voice mail you receive is automatically transcribed and sent to your email AND via text message. I don't know how the hell they do it but their transcripts are sent seconds after the call and are top notch, in both english and spanish. It's awesome not having to check out your actual voice messages and simply see it in text.

THIS is fucking badass.

Thanks everyone for your contributions. I will be presenting this information to my partner and I'll get back at you.

We're actually trying to portray ourselves as a company that does business nationally for b2b transactions and government contracts.

If this goes right, I will make fucking loot... and all will be good.