Regression Hypnosis: what were you in your past life?



In my opinion, this is a really cool scam. I think it's cool because you have more flexibility than typical cold reading where you have to assert things about the present.

lol it would be a scam if I believed in it.

I just did it as a recreational activity. similar to how one would drop acid to see the world threw a new perspective.
 
It's a big no no with this type of thing to give suggestive examples, like when he starts asking "Are you in a church? Are you in a palace?" Someone might be about to imagine they were in a boat at sea, but when they hear the word church or palace they might get pulled in that direction instead.


I read on wikipedia that they say its not real and you just make it up as you go.

I might go try to edit it later, but as of now the "past life regression" wiki page is one of the worst I've seen in awhile.

"The source of the memories is more likely..." - this instead should say something like "Some psychologists have hypothesised that the supposed memories may actually..." and then it should have a reference attached to it or a [citation needed], but right now it has neither.

This is just one example, but parts of the page look like someone took a skeptic blog entry and just copied and pasted it. Look at the wiki entry on "ghosts" or whatever and the tone is completely different.


Mediumship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"While no evidence has been accepted by the scientific community in support of the view that there has been communication between the living and the dead, some parapsychologists say that some of their research suggests that such communication may have taken place."

That's the second sentence and it's a good example of the neutral tone that the rest of the entry takes and is what wikipedia wants.


The past life regression wiki doesn't even mention this guy :

Ian Stevenson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Journal of the American Medical Association called his Cases of the Reincarnation Type (1975) a "painstaking and unemotional" collection of cases that were "difficult to explain on any assumption other than reincarnation."[34] In September 1977 the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease devoted most of one issue to Stevenson's research.[35] Writing in the journal, the psychiatrist Harold Lief described Stevenson as a methodical investigator, and added: "Either he is making a colossal mistake, or he will be known (I have said as much to him) as 'the Galileo of the 20th century'."[36]
 
I was a peasant.


peasant.jpg

so your past life and current life are pretty similar then?