Reputation.com Threatening Lawsuit

Charto911

New member
Jun 8, 2010
744
4
0
www.cooperspick.com
So I guess we are starting to do a good enough job because now we have drawn the attention of the big boys over at Reputation.com they saw a web page that we made to specifically rank for the term: reputation.com and sent a certified letter to us saying that we need to take it down immediately because it was us benefiting from their name and advertising (sounds like what affiliate marketing is).

Any who I found it rather comical as I would love the publicity from a firm that can't control their own reputation getting mad and suing the up and coming company that is showing up for their own name.

Any who whats your take on it what should the next move be? Should I post the letter on here and we can digg it to page 1 ?
 


I really hate the phrase "any who", but 2 twice in the same post makes me want to drive a fork through your left eye.

Aside from that, stick it to them. Nice job schooling them at their own game
 
  • Like
Reactions: zxcvb
Those guys are doing substantial offline media buys. Meanwhile, you rank for their kws.... LOL. Props to you for ranking for that.

Anyway, probably wouldn't post on here (at least yet). Why not sell them the traffic? They clearly have the means to pay for it.
 
Last edited:
Ha, be fun to play with. I don't see anyone else suing each other for ranking better on some words. I'm not getting sued for ranking high on some products i'm promoting, if i did, i'd lulz
 
Nice work, most 'big' companies have no idea about SEO and just assume they should rank for words they want. I remember when I just started SEO and someone was outranking me for my authors name and product title, which taught me my first rule of SEO: Search engines don't give a shit.
 
Nice work, most 'big' companies have no idea about SEO and just assume they should rank for words they want. I remember when I just started SEO and someone was outranking me for my authors name and product title, which taught me my first rule of SEO: Search engines don't give a shit.

Exactly the beauty of SEO that many inexperienced IM's don't understand is that the Search engines job is to display the most relevant results so if we make our page about reputation.com one of the most relevant than we WIN.

The question now is whats the next move?
 
I think whether or not you are allowed to bid on trademarked keywords has been tested in court already. I'd have to Google for it but I think a case got thrown out recently...
 
Thats pretty awesome... I say stick it to them. Sell the traffic back to them or to a competitor if they won't deal with you.
 
If it's the site I think it is, I'd be more concerned about Marvel coming after me for trademark issues.
 
So I guess we are starting to do a good enough job because now we have drawn the attention of the big boys over at Reputation.com they saw a web page that we made to specifically rank for the term: reputation.com and sent a certified letter to us saying that we need to take it down immediately because it was us benefiting from their name and advertising (sounds like what affiliate marketing is).

Any who I found it rather comical as I would love the publicity from a firm that can't control their own reputation getting mad and suing the up and coming company that is showing up for their own name.

Any who whats your take on it what should the next move be? Should I post the letter on here and we can digg it to page 1 ?
Props bro. They have no case. That's awesome!
 
As long you as you use the onsite keyword wisely, you should not be in a problem. I mean all they can ask you is to take off reputation.com from your title maybe, but if it is only mentioned twice in the body in bold in a legitimate what can they do :-)

Ramp up your offsite and fuck them over.

In fact this sounds like a pretty good idea for link bait ha...
 
I don't see any sites on first page other than reputation.com itself and some Big blogs talkin about the 45 Million Venture funding. Are you on Page 2. Lots of providers here might give you a free boost for the lulz. I am sure tencenpiece will be happy to help.
 
I do reputation repair and I have been slapped with a few cease and desists from the major players. I just write back and say, should have done your job better!
 
You may also want to look at changing the names of your packages. DC and Marvel will eventually force you to stop using their properties I suspect if you continue to gain traction.