Should I send him the website details first or not? Advice? Scammer Alert?

Scream

Banned
Jul 27, 2011
213
7
0
Behind my Computer Screen
I have a PR 5 website which I was going to sell. I decided not to sell it on Flippa or Sedo as I thought it was a complicating process.

I found a buyer from a friends friend and he was really interested. He asked me for website details, screenshots of earnings, screenshots of views/visitors, Analytics, Adsense, and so on. You get the idea. He was fucking in love with the website and it was a PR 5 which got around 10,000 views monthly. It made around $50 per day and sometimes more/less. After several arguments, he agreed to buy it for $3000.

So, after 3 hours, he said he will buy it for $3000. I was quite happy I got to sell it but then I get a message from him on Skype, saying, "Send the domain control and rights to me first and then i will pay you, i got scammed too often"

This really fucking took the piss. After 3 hours of talking, he wants me to send a PR 5 website first to him? I said no but he kept trying to persuade me that he was a legit person. I told him to pay half upfront but he said he will pay $100 first.

Isn't $100 too low? What should I do? Should I give the domain to him and then get the payment from him as he claims or is this a scam?

Please help, I need this money for something else urgently :)

And here are the boobs,

BighB.jpg


KN0gy.jpg


J7xhV.jpg


3zxMm.jpg


erS6u.jpg


YQNUe.jpg


wzFde.jpg


zeYIZ.jpg


27aOi.jpg


dPK2Q.jpg
 


escrow.com, if he doesn't understand that you need to protect yourself too then he probably intends to penetrate you anally if he can.
 
so you're saying the site makes $1500 a month and you are only going to sell for 3000? You know you can probably get way more than that on flippa right?
 
I need the money as soon as possible so I have no intention of trying to get the highest price. What do you think I should charge for this? $5000? It makes a solid $50+ daily and on rare occasions, less, but only by a bit.

And thanks for your awesome replies! Hope you like the boobs. This is why I love Wickedfire! People to help in seconds! Im going to tell him to fuck off or use Escrow. If he says no to that, then he simply is a scammer. End of.

Thanks everyone!
 
so you're saying the site makes $1500 a month and you are only going to sell for 3000? You know you can probably get way more than that on flippa right?

Oh yeah. And if your website makes 1.5k a month, if he still remains stubborn, tell him you can sell it to someone else for much more than that.
 
Oh yeah. And if your website makes 1.5k a month, if he still remains stubborn, tell him you can sell it to someone else for much more than that.

Yep, I decided $3000 is too low but I need this money urgently. Il start high with people and if I find no luck, I think Il go lower. I need this sold as soon as possible for another urgent project. Thanks for the help buddy! + rep
 
this may be obvious but DO NOT PAY using paypal and expect them to help you if he turns out to be a scammer. There's 0 buyer protection for digital goods when you use paypal. Trust me on that one.
 
Thanks for the great advice guys and fuck yes! Guess what? I told that guy to fuck of and I added this other person who was interested in buying websites!

And I told him to offer and he offered $6.2k. He sent half payment first and I sent him full details and passwords and he sent the remainder. Let's just hope he does not charge back the money because I believe Paypal hasn't got any policies with services.

But so far, I am fucking happy! Thanks EVERYONE!
 
Thanks for the great advice guys and fuck yes! Guess what? I told that guy to fuck of and I added this other person who was interested in buying websites!

And I told him to offer and he offered $6.2k. He sent half payment first and I sent him full details and passwords and he sent the remainder. Let's just hope he does not charge back the money because I believe Paypal hasn't got any policies with services.

But so far, I am fucking happy! Thanks EVERYONE!

You should have used Escrow.com, I've used the service for years. Why did you use Paypal only?
 
I hope you don't get screwed over. I think a majority of people are honest but you need to worry about those few that aren't.

It sucks you need this money so fast but $6K is a fair price. I would say you could have even sold it up to $10K, but that would take longer.

Hope it all works out for you, in the end.

I'd say any site over $1000 you should use escrow.

But good luck all the same.
 
Damn brah, $6,200? To echo others, I think you could've gotten way more. Heck, I woulda paid way more if everything backed out.

Also: Escrow
 
This whole thread is fucking retarded. Sit down together with some lawyers, draft up some terms, and do it up.