So My Members Need More from Wordpress, What Can I Offer Them?

AustinP

Banned
May 12, 2010
2,333
25
0
I have a wp site that does fairly well and I need a few benefits to give my members registered. Right now the only benefit they get is to post comments. They want more. I was thinking a social status thing like StatusNet since this is a site about local affairs and ways to improve society, but is there something better I can do? StatusNet is very low on customization and it has bugs like shit. Help will always be appreciated with boobs.


2.jpg
 


I tried StatusNet a couple of years back, didn't work correctly.

Have you looked at BuddyPress? It looks pretty useful to use as a social plaftorm and is easy to install on top of Wordpress.
 
I thought of a forum. But i cant handle spam and I dont have the time to moderate it. I need something unique. Its a site that deals with local city news, events, political statements and community affairs. I want a place where members can voice their opinion, create complaints and stuff. Its political.
 
I thought of a forum. But i cant handle spam and I dont have the time to moderate it. I need something unique. Its a site that deals with local city news, events, political statements and community affairs. I want a place where members can voice their opinion, create complaints and stuff. Its political.

If you have that much interest in the site, wouldn't one or more of your members volunteer to moderate it?
 
If you have that much interest in the site, wouldn't one or more of your members volunteer to moderate it?

The thing is this site reaches out to pure locals. Its more like a third world site. So, Im wondering if they would even know how to use a forum let alone moderate it.
 
Damn. Im not looking to get rerouted with the big J but I think I shall get a microblogging script installed. Lets see what i can find.