So you're telling me soccer matches are fixed?

yE6hvFF.jpg


[/American 'football']
 


It looks like the UK based CL game involved (not confirmed yet) was Liverpool-Debrecen (a relatively unknown Hungarian team). The final score was 1-0 Liverpool - it doesn't look like any of the big players ever knew about it. The debrecen goalie was bribed to let in three of more goals, which he then apparently failed to do.

Ekstra Bladet - Afsløring: Liverpool-kamp var fikset

Apparently he was bribed for another game later in the same competition and let in 4.
 
I have an odd feeling ALL SPORTS games are fixed/rigged..

I mean where talking BILLIONS of dollars spent on players, stadiums, etc.

I bet each year they auction off the winners. (possibly) Or even more realistic they pick teams/games that they know will make fans go crazy over... You know the SuperBowl was DEAD after the Ravens were up by a TON. Then the power goes out?...

And they suddenly come back.. Yeah, good way to draw back in the fans and raise their addiction to the sport.

I mean if you had a MULTI-BILLION dollar business, would you really give a fuck about ethics people would never see/know about? No, these people are just setting shit up so the games are interesting to keep more people addicted. Coming back, spending $$$$$.

It's just business planning..
 
I'm not much of a (soccer) football fan but it is a million times more enjoyable to watch than american football. That sport just wants to make me fall asleep. Baseball is quite fun to play though but it's not really big in my area (and all you need for football [soccer] is a ball).

IMO: American football < Field Hockey < Football (soccer) < Rugby

You guys should try playing football (soccer) more like us Scots. We don't care about skill (hence being crap) we just love booting it up the field and chasing it. Great for letting out your inner simpleton.
 
You're delusional if you think that this kind of thing doesn't occur in 99% of sports where big $$$ is involved. It doesn't take many players being in on something to throw a game/tournament, no matter the sport. Especially when there's spot bets involved.

This guys book and videos are really interesting.

Home - The Fix Is In

A relevant interview on his site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8kuit5Lwk_M

I'm a big sports fan. But I also think that a HUGE number of sports, MLB, NFL, NBA, NCAA, UFC, etc etc are "fixed' or at least heavily manipulated a lot more than the average sports fan would believe.

These are corporations. They exist to make money. The profit potential multiplies by orders of magnitude when you factor in gambling and other variables.

Not sure why it won't embed.
 
Yep Baseball and American Football are boring to watch. However I played baseball and it's kind of fun to play it. It's a unique game no doubt.

As for the match fixing I just read some reports that bribes up to $100K were paid. That would make a greedy soccer player from the top clubs to accept such a low bribe comparing to his salary. Some make double that per week. As for the referees, that is different story though. I have a friend who is a referee in lower tier league in Europe. He told me that most referees accept bribes. What most of them do is that if there is incident they do not see clearly and are not sure which decision to make then they will make the decision benefiting the side that did bribe them.
 
Not only bookies, also damn stupid referees don't let this game to be a fair one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ccNkksrfls]Maradona 'Hand of God' Goal 1986 World Cup - YouTube[/ame]

stream.jpg
 
I dunno why you're so obsessed that we all play/give a shit about soccer, Rage9. Rugby is a far more entertaining game - it's like American Football, but without the nancy body armour and stopping for a breather every 40 seconds.