Hey here is some potentially useful security software you might not be aware of...
Pidgin OTR Plugin - Off-the-Record Messaging - Fully secure (even from private key hijacking) instant messaging. Yay
OpenVPN + Combined with Squid on a Linux box can securely forward all of your internet traffic. You can set OpenVPN to pick up all internet traffic from the client like so:
OpenVPN 2.0 HOWTO life ideas and then redirect the server local VPN ip to the Squid server or redirect it with iptables. I haven't tried it with IP tables.
Very nice setup as a secure private proxy.
TrueCrypt - TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux - encrypts and double encrypts giving plausible deniability files and devices. I recommend making a a 4.7gb file named something like debian_4.0.custom.build.iso as the encrypted container but then again a harddrive can be scanned for encrypted/randomdata files. Also, the license for this isn't GPL/BSD, it's a proprietary license and I don't think this software has been thoroughly validated by an active community but I may be wrong. Let's hope it encrypts properly heh.
FireGPG - FireGPG - Welcome to the official website of FireGPG! - A firefox encryption plug that integrates with Gmail. Kind of retarded to use Gmail if you're worried about privacy but whatever.
Outpost Security Firewall/Suite - Outpost Firewall PRO - Personal Firewall - Best firewall I've used and very good antivirus.
Warez-bb.org/Projectw.org + Rapidshare Premium Subscription - Good stuff
Fiddler2 - Fiddler Web Debugger - Freeware HTTP(S) debugging tool - I personally like it more than TamperData/LiveHTTPHeaders. It can pick up http from Chrome/IE/Firefox.
Eraser - Eraser - Securely delete files from your harddrive by overwriting with random data (various algorithms implemented)
Post up what you use/think is cool
Cheers
Pidgin OTR Plugin - Off-the-Record Messaging - Fully secure (even from private key hijacking) instant messaging. Yay
OpenVPN + Combined with Squid on a Linux box can securely forward all of your internet traffic. You can set OpenVPN to pick up all internet traffic from the client like so:
OpenVPN 2.0 HOWTO life ideas and then redirect the server local VPN ip to the Squid server or redirect it with iptables. I haven't tried it with IP tables.
Very nice setup as a secure private proxy.
TrueCrypt - TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source On-The-Fly Disk Encryption Software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X and Linux - encrypts and double encrypts giving plausible deniability files and devices. I recommend making a a 4.7gb file named something like debian_4.0.custom.build.iso as the encrypted container but then again a harddrive can be scanned for encrypted/randomdata files. Also, the license for this isn't GPL/BSD, it's a proprietary license and I don't think this software has been thoroughly validated by an active community but I may be wrong. Let's hope it encrypts properly heh.
FireGPG - FireGPG - Welcome to the official website of FireGPG! - A firefox encryption plug that integrates with Gmail. Kind of retarded to use Gmail if you're worried about privacy but whatever.
Outpost Security Firewall/Suite - Outpost Firewall PRO - Personal Firewall - Best firewall I've used and very good antivirus.
Warez-bb.org/Projectw.org + Rapidshare Premium Subscription - Good stuff
Fiddler2 - Fiddler Web Debugger - Freeware HTTP(S) debugging tool - I personally like it more than TamperData/LiveHTTPHeaders. It can pick up http from Chrome/IE/Firefox.
Eraser - Eraser - Securely delete files from your harddrive by overwriting with random data (various algorithms implemented)
Post up what you use/think is cool