Stack Overflow: Quite possibly the greatest resource ever

Paper_Chase

brb gym
Apr 23, 2009
1,499
21
0
Vancouver, Canada
Stack Overflow saves my ass again.

Stuck on some tricky php coding for 30 min, then I remember about Stack Overflow. Post the question, have the answer within 3 minutes. God dayum I love it. Hands down greatest programming resource ever.
 
  • Like
Reactions: river and seous


IRC, believe it or not, is also a great way to get answers. I think the server is freenet that I used to use, it has channels for everything including php, asp, linux, centos etc etc.
 
IRC, believe it or not, is also a great way to get answers. I think the server is freenet that I used to use, it has channels for everything including php, asp, linux, centos etc etc.

this, yes. port 6667 was a friend of mine for over 10 years. for any newbs reading the thread if you think WF is bad with getting flamed, its nothing compared to going into a chat room without RTFM.

i remember back in 94 i had this chan on undernt with all these bots (had a pretty serious botnet for the time, no more details on that) and I went into #2600 to ask some sort of question. less than a minute later an xterm window opened ON MY COMPUTER - one of the ops hacked my box and told me to RTFM, rebooted my pc.

irc is a really good place to get a technical answer quick, and im really glad someone brought that up here as a source of information.
 
I like the way Stack Overflow is built. There're a lot of people who knows almost anything from whichever programming language. Of course there are some jerks too, but definitely it's a great resource.
 
+1, stack overflow has been amazing for Android. The users seem to really appreciate and respond well if you properly construct a question and show you've put some effort and research in beforehand.