Stanford's free introduction to databases Regustration now open



Just got the welcome email... game on! Now that I know enough PHP, it's time to level-up.
 
+rep!

I've been using Databases for years, but I've never seen any kind of training for it. I learned off access databases at a job I sort of fudged my way into, and I've been SELECTING and INSERTing every since :p

The main thing for me is to see what kind of LMS Stanford is using to serve the classes/testing and see how useful it is for experienced and new users alike.
I had to take a DB class for school and it was one of the most useful classes I've taken.

Nothing too difficult you just have to learn SQL and Normalization and you're golden. I'd never heard of normalization until taking the class and I'd dicked around with databases in the past. It's just a way of structuring everything so it doesn't become a pile of shit when it gets big.
 
im about to take the first quiz...the XML quiz.
Not due until the 21st, but that is not my style.

wish me luck...haha.
i have one of our programmers on im as i am taking the quiz. ;)