Stop Procrastinating - a new approach I've not seen yet

^^^Classy examples indeed. oAuto-suggestions is powerful in shapping your actions and mindset. This is why I always try to put myself in good, motivating environment.
 


It's cool to see someone else who realizes the power of the subconscious. Ive tried talking to a few close friends about it and they think im delusional.

I started getting more into the study of the mind when i read law of success by napoleon hill. Great fucking book and shits all over think and grow rich too.

Anyways the part about letting your subconscious work is so true and I experienced it first hand about a month ago.

So here's the story for anyone who is interested in this stuff.

About 2 months ago my girlfriends sister and dad were talking about one of their favorite hobbies. I thought it was really weird that her 24 year old sister was into this hobby, the same hobby that attracts mostly men and that her dad was totally stoked on.

This hobby attaches to a HUGE niche all over the world. I'd give more details but I actually plan on creating a project around all of this so i can give exact details.

Anyways I thought it was interesting and cool but didnt tell myself to remember it or anything. I just kind of forgot about it.

Fast forward a month, and I'm reading a thread on wickedfire. A member here was talking about software sales and the pros and cons etc. And I started looking at their software product, and was reading some of the comments about software sales, back end membership softwares, etc.

I couldn't help but think of what a great product it is being so easy to produce, but once again I just kind of said "cool" and went to sleep.

About 3 hours later I woke up in the middle of the night. I didn't just wake up where you are groggy, but I woke up completely awake and my blood was pumping and my mind was running I could feel it. Plus, I went raw vegan a while ago so I sleep sound now. I NEVER wake up anymore.

When I woke up, I literally had an idea in my head. I know this sounds crazy, but like it's not like I was dreaming about something and then woke up and realized I was dreaming about it.

It was literally just instantly woken up and BAM an idea for a product was in my head. And it wasnt a dumb idea that you thought was cool but then realize is pointless in the morning when you're fully awake.

It was a badass idea that combined the niche that my girlfriend's sister and father had been talking about, and a problem in that niche combined perfect with the whole software product model that I had been reading about 3 hours earlier.

I know a lot of people are going to read this and go cool story bro, cause it does sound kind of stupid if you have not studied the sub, but I experienced it first hand and if you have a store of knowledge and get really stoked on something or need a problem solved, and just kind of "decide" that your sub exists and that it's going to grind away at night and try to figure stuff out, it will give you some killer ideas.

I've been busy as shit lately but if anyone ever wants to discuss this type of stuff further I'm always down. Just shoot me a PM.

I've read Napoleon Hill too, but even before reading anything like that I noticed how you seem to learn things even after you have stopped studying them.

I'll obsess over a subject for 3 to 6 months, then take a break from it for another 3 months. When I come back to it, parts that had me stumped or that seemed a little over my skill level fall right into place.

I've had multiple occasions where I would also be stumped on a programming issue, working on it for hours or days, then actually get the solution while dreaming. Wake up, try it out, and it works.
 
I've had multiple occasions where I would also be stumped on a programming issue, working on it for hours or days, then actually get the solution while dreaming. Wake up, try it out, and it works.


It's called getting out of the way of yourself. Sometimes you get so locked in to a subject that you can't see the forest for the trees if you know what I mean.

For about the past month I have been working to find a balance between fucking off and making money. I find exercise, cutting out the drinking, and a good sleep schedule have put me on a much better track. For some people it's one small step at a time, and for others it's, "I have to blow my whole fucking world up today!.

It really takes time and introspection to figure out what makes you tick, but once you do the sky is no longer the limit.
 
I've seen the book and the 'chapter' on procrastination is around one and a half pages and there isn't a lot more information than what's in the video. The rest of the book looks ok, but it's essentially around 50 blog style posts, collated into a book.

I know people love to smash gurus on here and especially on saltydroid.info but the best course on procrastination and productivity for me was "wake up productive" by Eben Pagan (David DeAngelo). I like it because I can listen to it in audio form while I'm doing something else (and ironically not give it my full attention which is something he advises against in the course)

In the course he mentions a lot of the stuff that's in this book and it goes into a lot more detail on HOW to trick your future self rather than simply saying you need to.
 
I think I've figured it out what my issue is:

Being in an extreme anxiety rush to get something done before a deadline is more fun than being bored at work. This makes procrastination for me a recurring habit.

A big issue with this is that if I work for myself...then there is never really that rush.

Fuck I wish you could just get rich of ideas and discussing potential plans.
 
<snipped>
Fuck I wish you could just get rich of ideas and discussing potential plans.
Become a consultant is half the answer. ;-p

My hypothesis:-
Lack of commitment is the cause of procrastination.

Getting out of bed early and starting the plan is the cure.

Books, videos, trainers and courses on how to not procrastinate are just forms of procrastination. Lucrative forms of procrastination (for the seller). For the buyer it enables them to point at the image and say "that's me" (self-validation and identification) - which just reinforces the problem.

My observation:-
People with bookshelves full of how to succeed books tend to be failures - successful people don't go to Depak Chopra seminars. Losers do, and lazy staff sent by their companies in the mistaken believe that their staff can be inspired to change. And I don't know any successful people who have motivation/self-help books on their shelves.

Nike says it best (though planning really, really helps).
 
Last edited:
And I don't know any successful people who have motivation/self-help books on their shelves.

On the contrary, many successful people I know love to read self-help/motivational books and going to seminars/events/gathering just to get motivated and surround themselves with like-minded people. Most of them are humble, generous, never shy to learn from anyone and never hesitate to share their knowledge with the people they come across. Of course there are also those who just have what it takes to succeed in everything that they do, they are naturally born smart & aggressive/competitive in nature.
 
From my armchair, the best 'get results' book is from Stuart Lichtman. Nothing I have ever done has yielded such effortless results. The title is "How to Get Lots of Money For Anything Fast" and the foreward is written by Joe Vitale.

Some people hate Joe and/or Stuart but the strategies in the book do work if you work them. Going to go through the book again over the holidays.

JC.
 
It's cool to see someone else who realizes the power of the subconscious. Ive tried talking to a few close friends about it and they think im delusional.

I started getting more into the study of the mind when i read law of success by napoleon hill. Great fucking book and shits all over think and grow rich too.

Anyways the part about letting your subconscious work is so true and I experienced it first hand about a month ago.

So here's the story for anyone who is interested in this stuff.

About 2 months ago my girlfriends sister and dad were talking about one of their favorite hobbies. I thought it was really weird that her 24 year old sister was into this hobby, the same hobby that attracts mostly men and that her dad was totally stoked on.

This hobby attaches to a HUGE niche all over the world. I'd give more details but I actually plan on creating a project around all of this so i can give exact details.

Anyways I thought it was interesting and cool but didnt tell myself to remember it or anything. I just kind of forgot about it.

Fast forward a month, and I'm reading a thread on wickedfire. A member here was talking about software sales and the pros and cons etc. And I started looking at their software product, and was reading some of the comments about software sales, back end membership softwares, etc.

I couldn't help but think of what a great product it is being so easy to produce, but once again I just kind of said "cool" and went to sleep.

About 3 hours later I woke up in the middle of the night. I didn't just wake up where you are groggy, but I woke up completely awake and my blood was pumping and my mind was running I could feel it. Plus, I went raw vegan a while ago so I sleep sound now. I NEVER wake up anymore.

When I woke up, I literally had an idea in my head. I know this sounds crazy, but like it's not like I was dreaming about something and then woke up and realized I was dreaming about it.

It was literally just instantly woken up and BAM an idea for a product was in my head. And it wasnt a dumb idea that you thought was cool but then realize is pointless in the morning when you're fully awake.

It was a badass idea that combined the niche that my girlfriend's sister and father had been talking about, and a problem in that niche combined perfect with the whole software product model that I had been reading about 3 hours earlier.

I know a lot of people are going to read this and go cool story bro, cause it does sound kind of stupid if you have not studied the sub, but I experienced it first hand and if you have a store of knowledge and get really stoked on something or need a problem solved, and just kind of "decide" that your sub exists and that it's going to grind away at night and try to figure stuff out, it will give you some killer ideas.

I've been busy as shit lately but if anyone ever wants to discuss this type of stuff further I'm always down. Just shoot me a PM.

I can relate to you. The subconscious is a mindfuck. We know we have a subconscious, yet we allow our subconscious to make decisions for us. Then when we find out about how stupid our decisions were made because of our subconscious, we rationalize the decision to ourselves and forget about it.

The key is to recognize you have a subconscious and to remind yourself daily that you need to what's best for yourself. And you must remind yourself daily; it's like weight lifting for your brain. If you stop the "weight lifting," you'll go back to your old self.
 
ireland ugg boot

Actually festival is definitely a means for people to express the feeling of grateful. So ugg boots uk the thanksgiving day's more than doesn't mean the you can not show our gratitude in a blank way any additional. You know the Holiday is coming, and if you have got some regrets cheap ugg boots uk to express your emotion, then Christmas is another chance that you should make up for the particular regret. Then the ugg boots is a superb choice for you. you can come in order to our ugg boots ireland online shops to choose up the best ugg ugg boots uk boots you consider. Trust me, ugg ugg boots cheap boots ugg boots cheap is the first choice when considering in regards to the Christmas gift. Buying ugg boots sale ireland online you can now also enjoy a good discount, what are you anticipating!

We were playing happily cheap ugg boots inside park. My son was wearing a couple of discount ugg boots i bought for him. It was a great day, though there was blowing wind, the ugg boots could effectively protect my son from each of the coldness. If you were a mother, you would feel the same emotion when watching the child running happily with another children. I am sure We cheap ugg boots was smiling happily during those times, when suddenly phone call ringed. It was from my own mom, we were not residing together anymore. Maybe I was also tired last night, so I should forget to supply her a call.

When we finished your cheap ugg boots uk short talk, I put down the unit and looked at my son, then I thought of something. I bought ugg footwear ireland for ugg boots cheap our son, my husband and us, but I bought almost nothing for my parents! I was surprised to discover that how stupid I am that I forget individuals raised me up and also giving me so Cheap Ugg Boots,Cheap Ugg Boots UK Sale Online very much love. I feel shameful even this is a matter happened last weeks time. That day I decided to buy two pairs of UGG Gissella Shoes for my parents and I paid a pay a visit to to my parents'that weekend. I want to state sorry to my parents for We are always so busy that having less time to get their part. Also I want to thank you to ugg boots, they remind me somebody I must not neglect.

I have heard ugg boots before more often than not. People all say ugg boots are comfortable and warm, and cheap ugg boots wearing ugg boots is certainly one thing enjoyable. many people say which wearing ugg boots may not be only comfortable but as well fashionable. And I heard many fashionars as well as stars wearing ugg boots uk ugg boots everywhere. But before I genuinely saw ugg boots average joe, I don't think high on the UGG Kids Boots. I always thought cheap ugg boots uk ugg boots as a kind of cotton-padded shoes, and I have certainly tired with that types of boots. ae1334d01be6a6a22
 
I've read Napoleon Hill too, but even before reading anything like that I noticed how you seem to learn things even after you have stopped studying them.

I'll obsess over a subject for 3 to 6 months, then take a break from it for another 3 months. When I come back to it, parts that had me stumped or that seemed a little over my skill level fall right into place.

I've had multiple occasions where I would also be stumped on a programming issue, working on it for hours or days, then actually get the solution while dreaming. Wake up, try it out, and it works.

This partly ties into another thread we have here on burnout with how napping and even the pomodoro techniques work well. Your brain needs a period to 'reflect' and consolidate and store short term memories into deeper ones/sub conscious.

Also during sleep we go into different brain states, Theta is when you are just about to sleep or waking up and helps with more lateral creative thinking which is why sometimes you'll get ideas to problems you could figure out during the day.

What's also interesting I found out when researching napping is that we really need dreams to consolidate memory. That's why when people try to stay up too long they hallucinate, the brain is forcing them to dream in order to carry out this process.

One of the challenges we have is being conscious of the fact that there are things going behind the scenes of how our mind work we don't really think about but influence how we think in the first place.
 
I think I've figured it out what my issue is:

Being in an extreme anxiety rush to get something done before a deadline is more fun than being bored at work. This makes procrastination for me a recurring habit.

A big issue with this is that if I work for myself...then there is never really that rush.

Fuck I wish you could just get rich of ideas and discussing potential plans.

One trick I've done is to tell yourself just to start a simple part of the task.

For instance if you need to wash the dishes just tell yourself, 'let me just go into the kitchen'.

Because that's easier you will probably do it, but once you're there you will also usually go ahead and do the dishes. The idea is getting over the slight inertia of doing something, once in 'motion' it's easier to continue and complete.

As mentioned in that video email and things like facebook have a novelty factor which we are addicted to. Same idea on that yourbrainonporn site. Many times doing the tasks we need to do like work don't have any novelty so we avoid it and instead 'check' on other things.
 
From my armchair, the best 'get results' book is from Stuart Lichtman. Nothing I have ever done has yielded such effortless results. The title is "How to Get Lots of Money For Anything Fast" and the foreward is written by Joe Vitale.

Some people hate Joe and/or Stuart but the strategies in the book do work if you work them. Going to go through the book again over the holidays.

JC.

Did a search for this and the second result was their download page:

How to Get Lots of Money for Anything - FAST, by Stuart Lichtman & Joe Vitale