A lot of times when I'm working on the weekends I'll stay up till 4 or 5 drinking and I usually get a ton of shit done.
That's my usual M.O. as well, usually sipping on gin and tonics all night long.
A lot of times when I'm working on the weekends I'll stay up till 4 or 5 drinking and I usually get a ton of shit done.
Yeah, I suspect some strains are worse than others, sativa vs indica and crazy hybrids. Unless your dealer really knows his bud, or you grow it yourself, you never know what you're getting though.
It used to be that I would smoke for focus and to relieve stress but then one day, after smoking pretty much every day for 10 years, something changed (like a switch in my head), and what was meant to relieve stress actually started to amplify it. All of life's problems got a whole lot worse, even though they weren't really that bad. It got to the point where I had a few full on breakdowns where I thought I was dying, panic and anxiety to the extreme.
I guess it didn't help that I lived in BC where the weed is uber potent. I grew some myself here in Spain and it was mostly fine. Although I had a couple episodes, it wasn't nearly as bad as back home. I find if I only smoke socially after a couple drinks while hanging out with friends it's ok. I start to freak out when I sit down in front of the computer and look at the to do list.
The 'like a switch in my head' part,
Do you remember if during the months preceding, weeks, or days... you had something boiling up inside of you - but were not for some reason addressing it... you were just letting it sit there. Maybe breaking up with a girl, someone close that died, or maybe something about work that infuriated you and you were just avoiding thinking about it altogether?
Just curious, feel free to PM if it's personal/you don't want to forum post about it.
What happens, you get panic attacks while stoned? One of my close friends suffers from anxiety and claims when he gets stoned, his anxiety completely goes away.. yet I know a few others who claim that weed brings it on.
I think it might due to the strain of weed you purchase, some people claim one strain calms anxiety, etc. while the other is more volatile.
Yeah, I suspect some strains are worse than others, sativa vs indica and crazy hybrids. Unless your dealer really knows his bud, or you grow it yourself, you never know what you're getting though.
It used to be that I would smoke for focus and to relieve stress but then one day, after smoking pretty much every day for 10 years, something changed (like a switch in my head), and what was meant to relieve stress actually started to amplify it. All of life's problems got a whole lot worse, even though they weren't really that bad. It got to the point where I had a few full on breakdowns where I thought I was dying, panic and anxiety to the extreme.
I guess it didn't help that I lived in BC where the weed is uber potent. I grew some myself here in Spain and it was mostly fine. Although I had a couple episodes, it wasn't nearly as bad as back home. I find if I only smoke socially after a couple drinks while hanging out with friends it's ok. I start to freak out when I sit down in front of the computer and look at the to do list.
Yeah, I suspect some strains are worse than others, sativa vs indica and crazy hybrids. Unless your dealer really knows his bud, or you grow it yourself, you never know what you're getting though.
It used to be that I would smoke for focus and to relieve stress but then one day, after smoking pretty much every day for 10 years, something changed (like a switch in my head), and what was meant to relieve stress actually started to amplify it. All of life's problems got a whole lot worse, even though they weren't really that bad. It got to the point where I had a few full on breakdowns where I thought I was dying, panic and anxiety to the extreme.
I guess it didn't help that I lived in BC where the weed is uber potent. I grew some myself here in Spain and it was mostly fine. Although I had a couple episodes, it wasn't nearly as bad as back home. I find if I only smoke socially after a couple drinks while hanging out with friends it's ok. I start to freak out when I sit down in front of the computer and look at the to do list.
This is pretty much exactly what happened to me. My anxiety attacks started while doing far worse drugs, the kind that can actually kill you. But my 10+ year weed habit continues on....
My problem is I can't stop smoking the ganja. About 50% of the time I have a bad high. Paranoia, focusing on death and fears, guilt & regret, guilt about sketchy CPA offers (lol), impending doom, racing heart, odd feelings in my chest. Good times.
I've tried quitting but after so many years I am full on addicted.
They say weed can summon "the demon" from inside you. It's that feeling where you suddenly realize you're stoned, and your mind begins thinking about a million different things, one after another, and you experience a kind of deja vu where you begin to fear your own thoughts, your heart races, and you no longer want to be stoned for fear of just losing it.
This all stems from CONTROL. Anxiety does as well. Those of us who have these issues have underlying control issues (fear of losing control). That's it in a nutshell, really.
Play out the scene in your head.. worst case is.. I go to the ER. Tell yourself your high will go away. And go slow, there's no need to rip bong hits 10 times in 10 minutes, know what level you're comfortable at and smoke just a hairline above it.
And for God's sake, have a woman beside you when you're smoking. Stoned sex will cure your anxiety nervosa for sure.