Suggest me a keyboard/mouse combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refrozen

123456789 123456789 (123)
Dec 6, 2006
1,607
22
0
Houses
www.refrozen.com
My Logitech MX 5000 blows. The mouse cradle doesn't hold the mouse properly and I have to fight with in / a white eraser for 2 hours to get it to charge; and the keyboard drains batteries in like 3 weeks. Not cool.

Looking for a wireless kbd/mouse combo, with a comfortable mouse... don't need any fancy features on the keyboard except for it to work. What do you guys use?

off topic, I'm also looking to pick up a pocket knife. Any recommendations? :glowingeyes_sml:
 


dude i hear ya.
I have the logitech wireless 640. I have never used a bigger piece of shit in my life.
Feature wise its a great keyboard and mouse but it has NO range. It sits on a keyboard tray literally 10 inches from the receiver with only a thin piece of glass between it and it constantly cuts out and i have to wiggle around the tray to get it to get reception and if i pull the tray out too far it looses reception. I can't even put it on my lap which would have no glass barrier between it.

Yet my kensignton wireless media mouse has perfect reception with no skips and perfect response almost a quarter a mile away from my house (no joke i've tested it). I'm at my wits end with this logitec keyboard/mouse but I don't know what else to buy. It was easily 3 times more expensive then my media mouse.

I can't wait to check out some of the advice this thread gives cus right now for the last 6 months i somehow got used to using two keyboards at once. lol I use my laptop keyboard which is above my wireless keyboard with my left hand and i use the whole keyboard with the left hand when i type because its a smaller keyboard so one hand can type on all the keys without moving too much and since it doesn't delay out on the shitty wireless i can type regular characters faster without the computer missing keystrokes. Then I use the wireless keyboard and the mouse with my right hand. I use that keyboard for the right side of the keyboard and the numeric pad because when i code i use a lot of quotes and semicolons and the home/end/del keys a lot and it has quicker access to the mouse. haha i'd imagine watching me use the computer is a trip for even the most hardcore of nerds, but its the way i just got used to it over the last 6 months cus this keyboard is a piece of shit.
 
I'm an Apple fan boy and use the aluminum keyboard and bluetooth mighty mouse. The mouse ball gets dirty way to often and is a pain to clean, but other than that I really like it. The keyboard is too low and may hurt some people's wrists but I love the feel of the buttons.
 
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Natural-Ergo-Keyboard-4000/dp/B000A6PPOK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245380117&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000: Electronics[/ame]

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Trackman-Wheel-Optical-Silver/dp/B00005NIMJ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245380174&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Logitech Trackman Wheel Optical (Silver): Electronics[/ame]
 
[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Wireless-Laser-Desktop-6000/dp/B001DC9TA6]Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 v3: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Cost me £72 about a year ago. probably only $50 over there now.

both mouse and keyboard have been great, changed the batteries on the mouse about 6 weeks ago and haven't needed to with the keyboard.

Getting a logitech mx revolution mouse soon though, as they are v v nice.
 
Logitech MX3000
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Desktop-Laser-967553-0403/dp/B000AY649C]Amazon.com: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3000 Laser (967553-0403): Electronics[/ame]

Very solid combo that I've had for two years. The batteries last a long time (can't remember the last time I changed them) and the mouse and keyboard have a long range. I can sit on the couch 5-7 feet away and they both work.

The only problem I have with it is the keys can be a bit clunky...nothing REALLY noticeable, but it does make it hard to type super fast. But I think you will find this problem on a lot of keyboards.
 
My setup is as follows:
Logitech Revolutions Mouse
Logitech G-15 Gaming Keyboard

Once you have the G-15 you'll wonder how you got by without the ability to program simple macro's on the fly. Got the Revolutions mouse right after I had broken my right thumb, relieved a lot of pain I was dealing with at the time and is an awesome mouse all around.
 
ive got the logitech wave wireless set. not to shabby.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Desktop-Wave-Set/dp/B000TKHGL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245389111&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave Set: Electronics[/ame]
 
MX Revolution (best damn mouse I've ever had... still have to fight with the cradle though to get it to charge ... which doesn't speak to well about it since it was like $100 when I bought it ... so kinda high-end for a computer mouse)

Keyboard wise, I'm using Apple ones for both my mac and PC (the thin aluminum ones) because they're comfortable.
 
This is what me and 3 of my friends have (bought our comps at the same time) its only $49 at compusa and I have to admit a pretty fucking sweet deal, No probs and both feel great to use for many hours..

BTW the key board is fucking super thin.. its a bamf...

Its got legit iTunes/Any other music player controls on the right and sweet Zoom and rotate controls on the left that come in handy in Photoshop and Fireworks.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/145&cl=us,en

Good Luck..
 
Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse with full weights. medium dpi setting

Ergorest Mousepad / Wrist Support

Keyboard dont really care. Microsoft USB Wired.
 
There are many good quality pocket/folding knives just depends on your taste in how it looks, have a look on ebay and make sure you get one with a clip on it so you can hide it on the inner side of your jeans/pants.
 
Deliguy,
Google "Multiplicity" - it's awesome. Software allows you have to have ONE master keyboard, as many PCs./monitors around it as you want. Literally, when you take your mouse to the far left of PC #1's monitor the pointer will appear far right of PC/monitor #2. So you literally can move between PCs with one mouse.

re; wireless, I have yet to find a killer combo. I bought a USB extender and literally took the wireless mouse USB dood-ad that you plug into the PC, and it now plugs into the end of the extender, so it's literally 3-4 inches away from my mouse, and I still have issues... ironically off to Best Buy today to find another one. Batteries die every 2-3 weeks, but I can live with that - wireless movement is worth it.
 
The MS 4000 keyboard is fantastic. They make a wireless version as well.

Natural® Ergonomic Desktop 7000

On top of that I recommend the MS Lasermouse 6000. I have the older 6000 with different body and a cord. They've since redesigned the housing and it looks a heck of a lot more comfortable actually.

Wireless Laser Mouse 6000

It comes in a wireless combo and the keyboard looks quite nice...

Wireless Laser Desktop 6000
 
Wireless KB/mouse is just a huge fail. I'll stick with my wires.
+1

Keeping it simple. This logitech combo cost me just 19$.

892.1.0.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.